BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
motorman587 said:
Chief of Police steals beer from the fire department
. . . then takes a 'sickie' to go for an 80 mile ride on his motor bike to clear his head:rotf::histerica (sorry, John, couldn't resist:p).

·
Registered
281 Posts
They take their beer seriously out here. Maybe the Police Dept fridge was empty.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woolly said:
. . . then takes a 'sickie' to go for an 80 mile ride on his motor bike to clear his head:rotf::histerica (sorry, John, couldn't resist:p).

ouch.....................................:)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Last time I worked for a company, I was there for ten years, to the day. In that time, I never had a day off on the sick. Do you know who that impressed - nobody else but me :(. If I ever work for anyone again, I'll take as many sick days as I can get away with - everyone else does.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point. When we retire we only get 700 hours sick leave back, meaning the city will only pay you up to 700 hours of sick time. So if you have over 1000 hours of "earned" sick time and retire..............who loses?????

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Evidently, in the UK, you're allowed 28 sick days per year (not all in one go) before questions get asked - wished I'd known that before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts