BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
We are talking about Thursday morning, right Denny? If so, we should see ya there.

John

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are you talking about June 14? I loved the ride last year and am thinking of going you, if its OK that I have a spyder and camping trailer this year! I will have less mileage to the tank and probably won't take the corners as fast but would love to join Ya. I haunt pre registered as my sister in law doesn't have long to live (lung ca) but hope to go.

thanks
Larry :wave

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, Thursday morning, John. What time do you think you (and Art) would be at the Black Bear Diner - noonish or earlier? I'm game either way. Are we going to see the new ride there?

Larry - no bias in this bunch. By all means, come along. We've been known to stop more often for smaller fuel tanks. Can you carry my camping gear?!!!!

Denny

·
Registered
505 Posts
Larry,

Hope to see you at the rally and get a good look at that new machine of yours. My experience is that your Spyder will be well received.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. What about the Northern Contingent? How many tent sites should we save?

Dan

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have an Apsen Sentry so It spreads out a bit.
Larry

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
reelman said:
Larry,

Hope to see you at the rally and get a good look at that new machine of yours. My experience is that your Spyder will be well received.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. What about the Northern Contingent? How many tent sites should we save?

Dan
Not sure yet? We have 4 or 5 for sures and several maybe's

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey guys
Please post if we r going to meet somewhere. I hope the spyder can keep up with you. It's a bit of work but I'm getting a handle on it!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Usual meeting place for a lot of us is the Black Bear Diner in Madras Larry. See here:
http://blackbeardiner.com/location/oregon/madras/

Somewhere between 11:00 & noon typically. Watch out if you order a bear claw though. Better be more than one person enjoying that little delight!

HTH,
John
lkniess said:
Hey guys
Please post if we r going to meet somewhere. I hope the spyder can keep up with you. It's a bit of work but I'm getting a handle on it!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Attention! Important News!

I have just been in contact with Natalie Becker, AKA Nattie Bear of Black Bear Diners, Inc.

She reports that they have changed the dough that is used on Bear Claws! Although they are the same size, bear claws are now only 1,200 calories. Just think of the ramifications. Now Denny can have two of them. ..one for each hand. Wow – see you in Madras.

Dan

·
Registered
325 Posts
John

What time will you be passing Sylvan this year. last year you got off the exit and i joined in at that place.

Larry

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Let me talk to Art and see just what our plans are first Larry.

John
lkniess said:
John

What time will you be passing Sylvan this year. last year you got off the exit and i joined in at that place.

Larry

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey guys,

I will be leaving home a little late around 2:00 on Thursday. Amy is out of town on that day so I have to take care of the dogs, this way they won't be unattended for long. I should be there about dark around 9:00. Save me a spot if you would please. I will most likely ride down by myself since I'm leaving late. Look forward to seeing everyone, oh and John make sure to think of me when your eating at Diary Queen, and having that small Blizzard. ;)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Small Blizzard? I don't think so buddy!

John
clayton said:
Hey guys,

I will be leaving home a little late around 2:00 on Thursday. Amy is out of town on that day so I have to take care of the dogs, this way they won't be unattended for long. I should be there about dark around 9:00. Save me a spot if you would please. I will most likely ride down by myself since I'm leaving late. Look forward to seeing everyone, oh and John make sure to think of me when your eating at Diary Queen, and having that small Blizzard. ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think we just need to do the math and will leave that up to you. How long do you think it will take to get a spider to Madras towing a trailer by noonish. We will meet you at that time. What say ye?

lkniess said:
John

Larry

·
Registered
325 Posts
Art

I will meet you at Madras at high noon.

Larry

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What? They don't even make small blizzards!!!!

Denny

clayton said:
Hey guys,

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Attention! Important News!

And, one for the road!

Denny

reelman said:
I have just been in contact with Natalie Becker, AKA Nattie Bear of Black Bear Diners, Inc.

She reports that they have changed the dough that is used on Bear Claws! Although they are the same size, bear claws are now only 1,200 calories. Just think of the ramifications. Now Denny can have two of them. ..one for each hand. Wow – see you in Madras.

Dan

1 - 20 of 39 Posts