BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lead on a Chicane Canyon EX tank bag. I don't know if it is the LT specific one. Will I have serious mounting issues if it is not? Past threads show that this is a popular bag but I don't know if the seller knows the difference between a regular Canyon EX and the LT specific one. I assume it is just the mounting hardware. I want to be able to open the oddments box. I see that the newest version of the bag had a little bunge loop to wrap around the box latch. How does a non LT specific one mount? Will I still be able to mount it decently if it is not the one for the LT? The seller would like $110 shipped to my house, and he said it was never used. Anyone here have one they would like to part with for less?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi Crayklr;

I have attached a few pictures of the Chicane Canyon bag I received last November when I purchased a 2005 K 1200LT. It mounts with the small bungy cord under the pin lock for the glove compartment and the top is held on with a velcro strip (two pieces of velcro on each side of the bag) seems to hold fine!!

I think as long as the cord is around the pin on the glove compartment, you should be able to mount velcro to keep the front held down.

Hopefully it works out for you!!

Regards,
Bowdon

Attachments

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
The Chicane Canyon EX is a large tankbag, and will not work well on the LT.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-tank-bag/chicane-tank-bag/

What you want is the LT specific tank bag - I don't think it says Canyon anywhere on it.
crayhlr said:
I have a lead on a Chicane Canyon EX tank bag. I don't know if it is the LT specific one. Will I have serious mounting issues if it is not? Past threads show that this is a popular bag but I don't know if the seller knows the difference between a regular Canyon EX and the LT specific one. I assume it is just the mounting hardware. I want to be able to open the oddments box. I see that the newest version of the bag had a little bunge loop to wrap around the box latch. How does a non LT specific one mount? Will I still be able to mount it decently if it is not the one for the LT? The seller would like $110 shipped to my house, and he said it was never used. Anyone here have one they would like to part with for less?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
The Chciane says only LTex on the front (no Canyon anywhere on the bag)

Look at the third picture I uploaded, on the front it says LTex.
Bowdon

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Chicane Canyon Baja EX bag; may be smaller that the Canyon EX and have used it for many miles, in all kinds of conditions. It suits my need quite well; especially since this model can be used with a water "bladder"... great for hot summer rides. Rear mount (where condiments box is located) is via looped strap under seat with female buckle to male buckle on bag, makes for easy access to condiment box. Sorry no pix.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I use the Chicane Canyon EX Tank Bag on my 2001 LT.
Not the small, LT-specific Chicane bag.

Like it better than my LT-specific RKA 8.5L tank bag.
Or the RKA 25-Liter tank bag from my R1100RT.
Hasn't affected my ability to fly through turns.

I run all my electronics through the bag,
plus a Camelbak Omega, 50 oz bag in an insulated cooler w/Blue Ice pack.
The drink tube retainer is easy to use on the fly.
The integrated rain cover works great.

Only issue is lock-lock turns.
You'll turn on your turn signals.....
And the map compartment is smaller than on my RKA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses guys! I didn't realize that the LT version of the bag was smaller than the regular EX. I just thought they took the EX and made the straps specifically for the LT. Now I need to figure out if I want the bigger bag or not. Otherwise, I will have to wait for a used ExLT bag to come up for sale. If anyone has one they want to part with please let me know!! Thanks

P.S. thanks for the nice pics BOWDON!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts