BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you signed up for this tasty event, it has had to be adjusted a bit. It is still Wednesday, August 29, however it will now be from 10:30 AM to 12:15 PM and it WILL NOT BE AT THE HOTEL, but will be at Chef Scott Graden's great, small restaurant, the New Scenic Cafe, looking out at Gitche Gumee, close by the shining Big-Sea-Water; and in keeping with this being a riding-centric event, it is a pleasant 15 mile ride north of the hotel and it should take you about 25 minutes to get there from the hotel. So, it means if you are also attending the Wednesday CCR Breakfast at 9:00, you'll need to boogie around 10:00. I'll be at the breakfast, so I'll remind you it's time to roll. So, let's see, for some of us it will be breakfast at the hotel, early lunch at New Scenic, then the cruise with food and drink that evening. Scott and I are working on the menu. From what I read about the New Scenic, you won't be disappointed. If you are procrastinating and have not signed up, and if you are a foodie, you won't want to miss it. I think Chef Scott is going to do us and his restaurant proud.

[Note to self: Bring largest pair of riding pants.]

Directions from the hotel are to exit the hotel toward 5th street, turn right on 5th, and then left to enter IH35 north, in downtown. Take I-35 2.8 miles north to London Road. Go north (actually slightly right) onto London Road and Scenic Highway 61. Stay on Scenic Highway 61 for 10.2 miles and turn right on Ryan Road, then a quick left on North Shore Drive for just over a mile.

You can also take a few minutes' slower route by taking IH 35 to London Road /61 and then heading toward the Lake to your east (right) when you pick up a road with several names (probably Congdon Ave, just after 61 widens out to four lanes near Brighton Beach) that is largely right along the lake shore, finally becoming North Shore Drive.

For the GPS-ers among you, 5461 North Shore Drive, Duluth.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts