1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
maybe these could replace the crap sidestand that fails on the LT

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cool!! Now I can really say "Gear Down" when stopping(landing)!! LOL !!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Perhaps K1200LT in japanese means Cessna and they just got confused.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yep, this was posted before, a month or so ago but it still answers the tip-over problem very nicely!

·
Registered
710 Posts
This question has been asked and answered long before the LT ever came along. I saw a similar concept on a Gold Wing at least 15 years ago at a rally in Osoyoos, BC. It's owner was a paraplegic and he had everything converted to hand controls. It kept him on two wheels at least while in motion. Somebody used to sell retracting wheels for the Gold Wing but I haven't seen much about it recently, but then I haven't been looking for them either.

For disabled folks or for those moving to trikes, side cars or away from motorcycles altogether because they can no longer handle keeping a heavy motorcycle upright, this could be a good solution to help keep them on two wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Wonder if they can be used to pick up an LT?

Bob

·
Registered
747 Posts
With those attached the LT should never be donw again from a slow move tip over.
I think they retrack omly when you reach 20 or 25 mph and come back down when under that speed.
With health problems setting in I may look at them in the near future.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
This probably should't be considered so optional...on an 880# top heavy bike. They would make the bike a much more convenient "errand runner". IF the vendor shows at the Chateau, I'll be he'd pay for his weekend!

·
Enthusiast - KI6CDF
442 Posts
Nose gear...

At least they had the good sense to not include the nose gear as retractable...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts