BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Topless....

Now that I have your attention:

Saw this picture of a "topless" LT on the "Killboy" home page....

That little girl is awful cute.... sure hope she stays that way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
BillyOmaha said:
Now that I have your attention:

Saw this picture of a "topless" LT on the "Killboy" home page....

That little girl is awful cute.... sure hope she stays that way.

This is totally illegal in CA where a child must be able to reach the footpegs, obviously NOT the case here!
I love riding, and my 10 year old twin girls are dying to go for a ride, and I have done stoopid thangs in my life but... I would never do what this guy is doing!:eek: No way, no how!!!

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
zippy_gg said:
This is totally illegal in CA where a child must be able to reach the footpegs, obviously NOT the case here!
....... I would never do what this guy is doing!:eek: No way, no how!!!
Howdy Zippy,

I certainly agree with you on the "reach the footpegs" requirement. Looks very much like that little girl is just teetering on the seat and those little hands of hers don't look capable of holding on any too tight.

Interestingly enough, that bike in the photo is running California plates....
:eek:

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
grifscoots said:
I lent those to him. Part of the Mary Kay collection.
That reminds me, Grif....did I ever get those back to you?

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
zippy_gg said:
I love riding, and my 10 year old twin girls are dying to go for a ride, and I have done stoopid thangs in my life but... I would never do what this guy is doing!:eek: No way, no how!!!
Maybe if they sat side-by-side and reached one footpeg each? Or maybe not.

You can get footpeg risers that will work, if they have proper gear and are mature enough to ride. And you can always get a friend with another LT so they can both go at the same time, but it better be someone you trust.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Beautiful! :mad:

No backrest, legs too short, no gloves and wearing tights! What is this guy thinking. I don't care what he wears but somebody shoudl look out for the little girl.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
More of the same....

kevincook said:
Beautiful! :mad:

No backrest, legs too short, no gloves and wearing tights! What is this guy thinking. I don't care what he wears but somebody shoudl look out for the little girl.

Kevin

Yup...there is a picture of the same guy (I think) on December 17th (touring Bikes) with another child (boy) on the rear. Must've been giving the kids a ride. Wow...but at least the boy's dressed a little better. Driver has on no gloves and tennis shoes. I learned that lesson the hard way after losing much of both feet and ankles in a wreck years ago. "Chuck Taylors" suck at protecting your feet against asphalt and the weight of a bike!!! :(

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I get it now...

HE DOES HAVE THE TOP CASE OFF....and of course your LT transforms into a nimble sportbike with that mod!!! :histerica

Seems like it was just yesterday that someone was posting that with the topcase removed, "...gone is the fear of tip over and falling" Sadly, it was fllowed quickly by another post entitled "OH CRAP!" :rotf: :histerica

Not funny in reality, but overconfidence is the cause of many fatalities and a whole lotta road rash!

·
Registered
269 Posts
meese said:
You can get footpeg risers that will work,
Guy at work has an LT with passenger footboards that have flip-up pegs that reach about 3-4" higher - they look top quality, but I have no idea who sells them and have never seen any comments here about them. Hopefully I can track down the owner of this LT and find out where he got them.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Schweintechnik said:
Guy at work has an LT with passenger footboards that have flip-up pegs that reach about 3-4" higher - they look top quality, but I have no idea who sells them and have never seen any comments here about them. Hopefully I can track down the owner of this LT and find out where he got them.
There are only two that I know of. BMW sells really nice ones, but they are expensive. And Illium Works. Cheaper, but IMO they are fairly unattractive.

·
Registered
269 Posts
messenger13 said:
There are only two that I know of. BMW sells really nice ones, but they are expensive. And Illium Works. Cheaper, but IMO they are fairly unattractive.
Well it's not the Illium Works model - I agree, unattractive - and I couldn't find anything on BMW's website on the LT equipment page. Seat, ComSys, cupholder, but no footboards.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
meese said:
Maybe if they sat side-by-side and reached one footpeg each? Or maybe not.

You can get footpeg risers that will work, if they have proper gear and are mature enough to ride. And you can always get a friend with another LT so they can both go at the same time, but it better be someone you trust.
My little girls are tall enough (4'11" and 5'1") to reach the foot pegs. We already have some protective gear. Need helmets though... I will take one for a ride and leave her sister with Kathy, and then switch. They are comfortable with that idea.
Because my ex is such a b1tch, and an attorney, I will not have anyone else take either of my kids for a ride. Way too much liability for that other rider, and I would never do that to another human being!!!:eek:

·
Registered
269 Posts
messenger13 said:
See attachment for the OEM floorboards.
That doesn't look like the ones I was referring to. This guy's boards, I believe, are at an "adult" height, but there is a footpeg-kinda-thingie on either the front or rear edge of the board that swings up into a raised position for his daughter.

Next time he rides to work I'll try to get a photo.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
That pic reminds me of what I saw in Manila not so long ago:

A young child, 2-3 years old, standing on the floorboard of a scooter, between the rider and the windshield. The rider was maneuvering through heavy traffic with the child in this position.

Guess nobody cares about their kids anymore!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts