BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this while looking for Hyperpro dampers pricing....
from South Oz... I believe this is the local authorised Hyperpro dealer.
http://www.suspensionshop.org/specials.php
BMW K1200 LT

NEW

Rear Shock (Wilbers)

Great Condition

Ready to Ship

Rear Shock $699.00

or nearest offer

Looks like it doesn't have the pre-load adjuster though, and its rear only.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Don't do it Chris ! Don't go finding bargains after I've placed my order, that's just not nice, a bit like finding a bargain PC the day after you buy yours !! I'm really keen to get mine (Wilbers) now, can't wait. The seat thing is my (only) other annoyance. My arse and my seat hate each other. I reckon my Nullarbor trip will be the last straw for this relationship ! The one thing about a Harly Electaglide ultra-classic that beats the K12 hands down - the seat, but that's all.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Looks like the correct shock .. BUT, Wilbers generally are CUSTOM shocks that get Valved and Spring set for rider weight, 1 up or 2, type riding done etc .....
* Also on the LT you really do want the optional PRE-LOAD adjuster on there too !!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True that, which is what I have.... but at $3200 landed for the pair (thats NOT fitted) this could be a solution for someone with an older LT that just need to get some better spring support in the rear and can't afford the whole shebang.
Mind you... I have a pair of OEM LT shocks that could probably be resprung and repurposed I could sell.... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts