BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking for a cheap 1999 LT 113,000 miles? Check out bmw moa's website $5,500. Even has Ohlins. I'm thinking seriously about buying it, switching the shocks and reselling it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
ironbuttwannabe said:
Anyone looking for a cheap 1999 LT 113,000 miles? Check out bmw moa's website $5,500. Even has Ohlins. I'm thinking seriously about buying it, switching the shocks and reselling it.
Seems like a good deal to someone. But, many people have a pre-conceived notion about the value of a bike with high mileage. it will be hard to get too much more then that for it..

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
rglassma said:
Seems like a good deal to someone. But, many people have a pre-conceived notion about the value of a bike with high mileage. it will be hard to get too much more then that for it..
Darn!! Had to keep ole '99 vintage Toad from reading this thread!!! We're running Ohlins and are near 117,000 miles. $5,500???? :( Course, we gotta few more farkles which oughta drive the price up around $26K or so!!! :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
This one's for you, Mr. Shealey!

ironbuttwannabe said:
Hey, this sounds like the perfect ride for David Shealey! He can pick right back up where he left off with his Bat Byke, and with his know-how he should be able to get another 113,000 miles out of it easily.

Better yet, get Ari & deputy5211 to spend a week with him in Tennessee and the two of 'em can probably get it upgraded to an '07 for under a grand! :D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Schweintechnik said:
Hey, this sounds like the perfect ride for David Shealey! He can pick right back up where he left off with his Bat Byke, and with his know-how he should be able to get another 113,000 miles out of it easily.

Better yet, get Ari & deputy5211 to spend a week with him in Tennessee and the two of 'em can probably get it upgraded to an '07 for under a grand! :D
David,
Are you reading this?? I totally agree. All of us who have early model bikes like to see you back on one so we can benefit from your experiences. The price is certainly right.
And if you need to trailer it, I donate the use of my genuine BMW Multitrailer that is freshly painted. This way the new bike arrives at your home in style... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts