BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After checking the prices of the aftermarket cup holders, I figured there's got to be a better alternative than spending 150 bucks!

Wal-Mart bicycle bottle holder $5.00
Lowes Metric machine screws $ .75
Scrap 1/8" scrap aluminum free

Neat cup holder.....PRICELESS!

a couple hours fiddling in the garage and it's done

I will provide details & pictures if interested (don't know how to attach flicks here) e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree. Pics... I don't have a cup holder 'cause there was no way on God's green earth that I wanted to part with that much money! Show us what you did!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Not wanting to hijack the thread or interfere in anybody's drink holder development business, I just want to inform the CCR attendees that several sets of Ari's Special Drink Holders (bot rider and passenger models) are available at the silent auction at Tan-Tar-A.

You can check the product here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pozoizquierdo/ARISSPECIALDRINKHOLDERS

Best regards

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
I'm confused ...

sbrooten said:
I agree. Pics... I don't have a cup holder 'cause there was no way on God's green earth that I wanted to part with that much money! Show us what you did!
and this is with a grin on my face, spend that amount of $$$$ for a bike and quibble over the price of special oil or the price of an accessory that adds to your comfort or enjoyment, I just don't get it!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Thinks that make me laugh.

Some of you will spend 20k to 25k for the best motorcycle in the world, but yet will harpe over $100 bucks, priceless. :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
That just proves that the old saying is true,

the cheapest thing on a BMW, is the rider :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a special kevlar embroidered cover with pure gold stitching and a GPS locator chip implanted, along with a Lowjack interface to protect my beloved cupholder.

BTW, how much duct tape you gonna use to attach this (I'm sure) fashionable piece of artwork to the motorcycle ?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I've never quite understood the concept of a cup holder on a motorcycle.... (or a car for that matter) Seems like it easily falls into the list of distractions that causes accidents: cell phones, text messaging, putting makeup on, reaching for a fallen item on the floor, etc.

Why is it we feel compelled to do EVERYTHING except keep our eyes on the road and DRIVE THE FREAKIN' VEHICLE?

About a useful as a screen door on a submarine.

Rant over. :D

Now, since we all love to see ghetto mods we really need to see pictures!

All you've got to do is go "advanced", scroll down to "manage attachments", click on it. A new window will open allowing you to add pictures. Click browse, and look for the picture you want to attach - usually found in "my pictures". Open it, click upload and then close.

Your picture will appear as a small thumbnail below your post, which usually can be clicked on and turned into a full size image for your viewers.

Easy. ;)

PS: Ghetto mods need to look OEM to receive a nod of approval - if not be prepared to get roasted by our esteemed panel of judges! :stir:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've never quite understood the concept of a cup holder on a motorcycle.... (or a car for that matter) Seems like it easily falls into the list of distractions that causes accidents: cell phones, text messaging, putting makeup on, reaching for a fallen item on the floor, etc.

Why is it we feel compelled to do EVERYTHING except keep our eyes on the road and DRIVE THE FREAKIN' VEHICLE?

About a useful as a screen door on a submarine

C'mon Ron, that cupholder has saved MANY a BEER whilst servicing the beast...beats knocking one over and spilling all over the tupperware scattered all over the garage floor....aint that what it's made for ? :rotf:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
RonKMiller said:
PS: Ghetto mods need to look OEM to receive a nod of approval - if not be prepared to get roasted by our esteemed panel of judges! :stir:
Hi Ron, whaddya say,

Is this OEM enough? :p

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
K1200LTryder said:

About a useful as a screen door on a submarine

C'mon Ron, that cupholder has saved MANY a BEER whilst servicing the beast...beats knocking one over and spilling all over the tupperware scattered all over the garage floor....aint that what it's made for ? :rotf:
Hmmm, never had that problem - I usually drink 'em too fast! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
BlueBook

Kelley BlueBook

under accessories:
Check all that apply
____Alarm:+$125.00
____CD Changer+$200.00
____Drilled holes to install cup holder:-$125.00 each!
____BMW cup holder:+$125.00

just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
dandiver said:
and this is with a grin on my face, spend that amount of $$$$ for a bike and quibble over the price of special oil or the price of an accessory that adds to your comfort or enjoyment, I just don't get it!
Dats cuz some of us cheap skates spent less for our LTs than most do for their annual maintenance bills!

It's the machine - not the rice ya shelled out for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cup holder

I'm not making a cup holder business, just wanted to share in case anyone would be interested. I thought that was what this site was for!! :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hush now you lot..........get a £65 bmw cup holder now and use it because it is a fantastic way to piss off mates and fellow bikers. :D

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Gearman,

I'm always interested in stuff like this. Unlike some, I did not shell out big bucks for my LT. Less that 10 grand for my 03 with 6289 miles on it. It is your bike and if you're happy with it, go with it. Someone else out there may appreciate the idea and be able to use it or adpat their own version.

I'm not necessarily sold on a cupholder (hard to drink with a FF helmet). But would be nice to have a place to hold coffee mug securely til I get to work in the mornings. Have leaked many a cup in the trunk. Smells like a Starbucks in there.

Don;t fret the others. We can laugh at them spending $100 on a cupholder. I don;t always like what I see on there bikes either. I just keep it to myself and know that I won;t use their mod.

Where is Timberlake NC? Might be able to meet up sometime.

Randy
I would like to see the pics.

Randy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts