BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new deflector to replace the one on the left side of the windshield that got damaged. The Clymer doesn't show mw how to get to it. Do I need to take off the entire front of the bike?
Thanks...

- Al
:bmw: k1200lt 2004

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
remove the windshield, and the screws holding the dash cover on, pull the dash cover off, and the deflector is held on by 2 screws.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just took my dash apart and this is all from memory. You have to remove the windshield (four screws). Then you remove the back of the dash (seven screws, that includes the one behind the map light). after these are removed you can lift up on the back of the dash. The deflectors are held on with a couple of screws on the under side of this dash peice. You may have to raise the windscreen arms to get to two of the screws and then drop them to the lowest position to lift the back of the dash off. Watch the rubber washers on the windscreen/shield. They are pretty easy to drop. HTH.

Sean

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sheldan2 said:
remove the windshield, and the screws holding the dash cover on, pull the dash cover off, and the deflector is held on by 2 screws.
Great! thanks for your help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ipokebadgers said:
I just took my dash apart and this is all from memory. You have to remove the windshield (four screws). Then you remove the back of the dash (seven screws, that includes the one behind the map light). after these are removed you can lift up on the back of the dash. The deflectors are held on with a couple of screws on the under side of this dash peice. You may have to raise the windscreen arms to get to two of the screws and then drop them to the lowest position to lift the back of the dash off. Watch the rubber washers on the windscreen/shield. They are pretty easy to drop. HTH.

Sean
Thanks for the instructions, Sean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts