BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a V Steam windshield. Before I break something which would be typical, is there anything I should know about taking off the cover? Any special tool or a way to attack it so that I don't break it? Also should I use red locktite on the screws when I replace them?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
NO RED!!!

The removal is pretty easy. only real issue to look out for is removal of the covers. Hopefully someone will chime in as I can not remember if they remove inside outwards or from the outside inwards.

there are rounded tabs and tabs on either side of the covers. use a small thin blade screw driver to pry them up at the ends (on the side) and they should pop off. under that is four simple screws...

·
Registered
701 Posts
shoswell said:
NO RED!!!

The removal is pretty easy. only real issue to look out for is removal of the covers. Hopefully someone will chime in as I can not remember if they remove inside outwards or from the outside inwards.

there are rounded tabs and tabs on either side of the covers. use a small thin blade screw driver to pry them up at the ends (on the side) and they should pop off. under that is four simple screws...
Covers come off from the Inside out. I would be careful about using loctite..can affect the plastic shield. I haven't used any & have no trouble with screw loosening.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Pull up from the thick side its a spring metal clip that holds it on just pull from the thick side towards the thin side sort of like you are trying to roll it up.

Be very careful when you do remove the shield that you don't lose the 4 rubber strips that are between the plastic and the metal arms.

I wouldn't use any more thread lock on the screws I did and ended up having use a tap on a couple of the holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts