BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for me to change forums. I have been on an LT since my Y2K bike and later 03 and the LT forum since 2002. That equates to 7 years and over 100,000 miles of posts and friends. The good news is I am not going far, just down a few spaces to the RT forum.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with issues on the LT or just provided a wealth of humor and technical assistance. The LT is a great motorcycle fast, agile at speeds above 5 mph, capable of traveling long distance, and smoooooooooth. Overall I had very few problems with either LT and those issues were handled under warranty by Touring Sport BMW of Greenville SC. (shameless plug for Touring Sport BMW)

The Dark Side is alluring with it speed and smoothness, but I am going back to the twins. I still remember the miles and smiles of fun on my R69S, R60/5, R90S, R100T, and R1100RT. So with all that said, the space in my garage that was occupied with the LT now houses a new low R1200RT. I am sure I will pop back up here now and again just to see what you guys are up to and of course see what the latest rumors are on the new LT.

Ride safe

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hear you,

Several months ago I purchased a very nice low mileage LT and I absolutely love it. I am always looking for any excuse to pull the LT out and hit the road.

Every now and then when I am in the garage I see my RT getting a bit dusty so I pull out my old friend, my RT, and go for a ride. When I ride the RT I grin from ear to ear....the LT is the finest bike I have ever owned but when I ride the RT I truly understand why I started riding motorcycles 36 years ago. :wave
Steve

·
Registered
120 Posts
The RT is the most ligical switch given it's proven nimbleness and ability to "flick" on corners and such. It is an effortless bike and I appreciate what you are saying. A few years back I bought a GT but got rid of it given poor wind protection, throttle control and long lumbering wheel base reducing flickability.

Maybe when the new LT come out you'll be back!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts