BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm a little embarrassed to ask this, but I think better safe than sorry. I have changed my clutch fluid several times and never had a problem, I removed the grub screw put in a bleeder valve compressing the ball value and pump the fluid through. Well I started my annual today and found the threads in the grub screw fitting to be crossed threaded. So checking the forum, and I think I have realized that I still have the fitting that BMW uses to fill the system with, still attached. Just never removed that fitting.

So I want to confirm what to do next. Heat the fitting and unscrew to remove and then I can use a speed bleeder fitting, right?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
That's right Bill. Just get rid of that entire Grub Screw set-up. Including the check ball, or whatever is there. Then replace it with a Speedbleeder and life will be simple. I did that about 8 years ago and it is still working great .

John

·
Registered
533 Posts
bulletbill said:
So I want to confirm what to do next. Heat the fitting and unscrew to remove and then I can use a speed bleeder fitting, right?
I've done this twice and never had to heat the fitting. You might try that first and then heat it if needed.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
cfell said:
Despite liberal thinking to the contrary, SIZE does MATTER!!!

What size of SB do you use?
I would say an SB1010S (same as the Rear Caliper) for the LT. But don't take my word for it (after all, it has been 8 years!), check the sizing chart from their Web Site to be sure:
http://www.speedbleeder.com/Motorcycle Sizes.htm

HTH,
John

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
stupid me...where is the screw for the clutch fluid change...little by little i will get there

·
Enthusiast - KI6CDF
442 Posts
It is under the right side upper cover, adjacent to the fuel line disconnects. It is tied to the frame with a nylon wire wrap. If the accessory power outlet on the left side were on the right side it would be located just above that power outlet.

Make sense?

Tom

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Tom_Becker said:
It is under the right side upper cover, adjacent to the fuel line disconnects. It is tied to the frame with a nylon wire wrap. If the accessory power outlet on the left side were on the right side it would be located just above that power outlet.

Make sense?

Tom
Thank you
Jim

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys picked up the wrenchs and unsrewed the adapter and life is good, thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts