BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have had our vision for 2 weeks now and have ridden 900 klms in 2 rides
my first thoughts on this motorcycle are very comfortable ride for rider and passenger
ipod integration is great very easy to use love the dash board specially at night
very strong motor 6 speed overdrive box is nice 2300 rpm at 100 kph
handling is great very solid and stable easy to change lines through corners
all in all I am very happy :)

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
OK, give us some pictures...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
My gracious they are swoopy aren't they? Pretty color too!

Enjoy,

Loren

BTW Did the mustache come with it or did you have to pay extra? :rotf:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no I don't find it underpowered i find the torque of the motor very good
109 ft.lbs. and 92 bhp it rides very differently to an in line 4 cylinder
pulls very strong from low revs
motor is not as smooth as our old LT
but its extremely comfortable I can stretch my legs out
and I like the sound of the motor

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Nice looking bike,

I took one out for a test ride last year and was surprised by how many times I was stoped on the street by people wanting to look at the bike. Happened at intersections too.

The ride was very comfortable because of the leg placement too. Quite different though from the K1200lt. They were giving away nice t shirts with every test ride.

The big difference I noticed was in breaking and acceleration. Nice riding bike..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wow, I thought the LT was big in the front cowl... how stable does it feel in a cross wind?

Maybe it's me, but is does stand out in a cool way to make me walk over and look more closely at the way they put it together out of curiosities sake.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've always had trouble with the way they look. I remember the first time I saw one, I just didn't like the look. I feel confident that I would be more than satisfied with the ride, but the look is another thing. On an aesthetic level, it doesn't work for me. The LT is the best looking of the big touring motorcycles. The Vision is near the other end of the spectrum. At least that is my opinion.

·
Registered
327 Posts
mcpsycle said:
I've always had trouble with the way they look. I remember the first time I saw one, I just didn't like the look. I feel confident that I would be more than satisfied with the ride, but the look is another thing. On an aesthetic level, it doesn't work for me. The LT is the best looking of the big touring motorcycles. The Vision is near the other end of the spectrum. At least that is my opinion.
I read somewhere that their head design architect was a tragic Jetsons fan. True!

·
Registered
719 Posts
dsg said:
we have had our vision for 2 weeks now and have ridden 900 klms in 2 rides
my first thoughts on this motorcycle are very comfortable ride for rider and passenger
ipod integration is great very easy to use love the dash board specially at night
very strong motor 6 speed overdrive box is nice 2300 rpm at 100 kph
handling is great very solid and stable easy to change lines through corners
all in all I am very happy :)
ill be interested to know how hot it gets when summer gets there

·
Registered
198 Posts
David,

I had a friend here in the states swap an LT for a Vision, in his case after an injury made the Vision sit more comfortably than his LT. He loves the bike. It's obvious that the styling is dramatically different.

Question for you or anyone who knows. The on-line specs say the engine is air and oil cooled. Is that similar to the BMW horizontal twins where the heads are cooled by oil from a second pump? Just curious.

Jeff D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Whoever designed the Vision looked hard at the LT. It has the same adjustable windshield and adjustable wings under the mirrors. Very similar wind/rain protection. 2-3 companies making aftermarket windshields. If you upgrade the exhaust/air filter/mapping, there is a substantial increase in power. The Vision is not as stable as the LT at high speed, but is loads of fun to ride.

Steve
2010 Vision
2004 LT sold

·
Registered
181 Posts
I also sold my LT and bought a Victory Vision. 14,000 miles later I can't stop smiling.
Most comfortable bike on the market. I'm 6'8" and it fits like a glove. Also, I live in Texas and 100 degree days are no problem with this V-Twin. Excellent air management.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts