BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted the latest post on clutches--please read. My dealer tells me that a ceramic clutch is available for the lt. It runs $600 versus $150 of the regular clutch. I read the threads on ceramic clutches and found little of help---threads are somewhat dated. Does anyone have any additional info. on ceramic clutches?

Looking for help.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I could not find anyone who made an aftermarket ceramic clutch plate for the LT. Even had the local BMW dealer looking. They contacted Sachs, the manufacturer who makes the BMW stock clutch plate and the Touratech ceramic clutch plates for certain BMW models. The only alternative I found was to have a used plate retrofitted with ceramic by a re-builder. Would be interested knowing what you found out. Manufacturer, product name, retailer who carries it etc.?

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You would have to look under search, on my name, and I posted ceramic clutch find. Its a gentlemen that makes them for the GS desert racing guys. He will also make them for LT under special order. I think he wants 450 for them plus shipping from South Africa. How bad do you want one?

Im sure someone will proably find one somewhere else.

Zeke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts