BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and recently purchased a 2003 1200LT C. I had a 99 and sold it numerous years ago. I was curious if there were some riders around the Austin area that I could get together with for some rides and or advice on the basics of the bikes. Maybe a few of you have more experience and can give some pointers.

This bike is used and probably needs someone with some experience to look at and see if there is something I need to be concerned with before I blindly take it into Lone Star. They do good work, but they have workload out the wazzu!!!

Looking forward to some rides!!!! Thanks, Darin

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Darin,

I'm also new to the LT community, and I see that you are about 5 minutes away from me. There is a RTE Sunday morning, we can hook up and ride out. I went last week and had a good time.

Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will unfortunately be out of town this weekend, headed to Arkansas on it. Seeing the whole famn damily...if you get my drift.... No I am not from Arkansas, but it sure is beautiful country up there.

Chuck... can you email me so I can contact you directly? Still figuring out the website... TONS if info here....

thanks,
Darin

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Hi Darin Welcome to the nut house. We are a very active group.
I moved your thread here to the South Central Forum. This is the place for local info
We (Austin area) get together most Sundays for breakfast some where in the Hill Country.
As said This Sunday we are meeting at Wimberley Cafe We will meet again somewhere the next Sunday also.

You can also Look into The Hill Country BMW Riders they meet every Saturday for breakfast & a ride. I have been a member for the last 6 years but work keeps me from going to the Saturday meeting. That Is why I host a Sunday breakfast. Lots of great people here and with the Hill Country Riders. All of us at one time or the other on this forum had the K1200LT & the knowledge here is by far the best then any other forum.

Dan Martin in Houston host a couple tech sessions a year so people can get together to learn & help do service on their bikes. When the weather cools down a bit we will start doing RTE's (Ride To Eat) for lunch all over Texas. We have folks come from all over the state for these.
Just keep your eyes on the South Central Forum for more info.

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,068 Posts
katnapinn said:
Hi When the weather cools down a bit we will start doing RTE's (Ride To Eat) for lunch all over Texas. We have folks come from all over the state for these.
And sometimes you get to meet out of state riders. :bmw: :wave

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
katnapinn said:
Yea what he said. :wave

See that was not very wordy. :histerica
Nor was it very accurate... :dance:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.