BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been a guest for around three months. I purchased a used 2005 lt with 16000 miles on her. I have since put 2000 wonderful miles on dragonfly, today I encountered my first mechanical issue. The right side bag will not unlock with the key fob, I have locked and unlocked the bag with the key, but still I can't open the bag. When I put slight finger pressure on the left/top locks and actuate the key fob, I can feel the locks moving slightly. Doing the same on the right I feel nothing. Has anyone encounter this or have any suggestions. Currently I'm in the process of removing the top case, trying to isolate what actually controls the lock be it electrical or air pressure. Thanks in advance...Great forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New info, upon doing some research on previous threads, I discovered the 45 degree trick. The bag is now unlocked, and can be opened and locked manually, the central locking feature is no longer operating on this bag.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
13,779 Posts
OK once you do get in under the top case you will see the alarm unit and there will be four little two pin connectors. These drive the servos in the bags, top case and the oddiments box. The one for the side cases have brown and black wires in them. Just apply 12v + to brown and - to black the servo should lock then + to black and - to brown and the servo should unlock. May just be a loose connection.

The one for the top case is a violet/brown and violet/green wires, the one for the oddiments box is brown and red/white.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts