BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew I should of checked here first, but I didn't. I installed some LED bulbs on my '09 without a resistor and of course they just flashed quickly and they won't work like this.
I read in the Hall of Wisdom that you should'nt put a resistor back at the lamps but rather rewire.
Guess what, now my center stand won't go down. I read that the computer thinks that there is an open brake circuit. If I unhook the battery do you think this will reset it?
I've gone in the house for a drink after all this frustration today.

Keith

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,062 Posts
You will need to fix the current draw on the LED lights before the CS will work. The bike is smarter than we are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its an LT. I took out the amber LED and put the regular bulbs and I'm back in business. The red tail light / brake lights work fine. The only thing that is driving me crazy is the center stand. You think if I take out the red LED also the computer might think everything is normal. Can't stay like this for long, the boss hog leans over so much I can barely get my car in the garage now.
I'll go to the auto parts store in the morning and see if I can find a LED resistor that I can plug in there and at the same time disconnect the battery.
Here's hoping.

Keith

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,062 Posts
No need to undo the battery as the CS has no memory. It does have three interlocks. Brakes must be off, bike must be in neutral, and the side stand must be up. Other wise you get a flashing symbol on the dash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.