BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Has anybody had any problems with the powered center stand? My bike is only a few months old and the center stand sounds like it just doesn't have the power to lift the bike. Has gotten progressively worse. Worked fine for the first 1000 miles. I know I have to get it in the shop but was wondering if anybody had any similar problems
greg

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,922 Posts
There has been a rash of problems with the power center stand but having said that, mine is three years old and used every day I ride with out a whimper. Have it checked.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine too

I had to have my actuator replaced on my '06 after about 2000 miles. It had actually been used very little (about 20-30 times) when it began to have trouble lifting the bike. I always actuate it as the manual says without weight on the saddles and was suprised it crapped out on me. My dealer replaced it gratis and the new one works, how long, only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
At 36,000 miles had to have mine replaced due to leakage of the fluid. I ride almost every day and always use the EHC. Never failed to lift the bike but was told there was just enough fluid to work. It would have quit soon.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Centre stand

I had a new control unit and ram fitted after 14k miles under warrenty.Dont use it with a pillion on the bike and take your weight of the bike by standing when engaging the stand.

Dean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts