BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got done with the 36k maintenance the first time and had a hard time getting the center console power lock to unlock...but managed to get it to work. Took the tupperwear off the second time to solve my fuel issues and the center lock worked GREAT...for about two days.

Any searches here have been fruitless, as has been looking for the part at Max BMW..

Any hints, lore, or experiences?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Don't think anyone calls it the center console, so if you searched for that bet you came up empty. Try a search on oddiments compartment, didn't try yet so just a guess.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried a bunch of strings "won't unlock" "power locks" "central locking"....didn't try oddments.

I kinda don't think it's a miss alignment thing...the seat frame and tank went on fairly easy this time, and everything else looks well aligned. It might be getting weak, or needing lubrication. Oddly, the keylock and power lock appear to be two different mechanisms.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts
You will have to pull the little cover off and make sure the left side screw in the "tail" of the stingray is very short. I mean 1/4 inch or it will jam the lock mechanism. It is the shortest screw on the bike, for a reason.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
jzeiler said:
You will have to pull the little cover off and make sure the left side screw in the "tail" of the stingray is very short. I mean 1/4 inch or it will jam the lock mechanism. It is the shortest screw on the bike, for a reason.
+1

DAMHIK (Don't Ask Me How I Know) :brick:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny, that's just about what I discovered. :)

It's not a permanent kink is it? I swapped it out and temporarily disconnected the locking mechanism while I get things figured out...I've gotta have a place for the Garage door opener and Toll transmitter

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts
No it should work just fine once you remove the long screw.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I've got it, now, it also required undoing all of the screws in the area...I suspect everything was a little tweaked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts