BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 09LT, I've installed a BMR Shelf to accommodate the Zumo 550, XM puck, and radar detector. I've also installed an AP-1 with the relay on top of the battery bracket. QUESTION: Is there a good place to connect the orange relay ignition wire coming from the AP-1 relay, or, what is the common place for this connection on an 09LT? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,184 Posts
Most tap into the seat heat wiring as it is switched power. The Green/Brown wire in either the front seat or rear seat bike side connector.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't splice into the wire, do they?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I mounted a fuse block and lay it on top of the battery on my 2006 LT. I ran a switch in the cd/communication compartment. I have my PIAA lights,XM radio, radar detecter on this 6 fuse block. Purchased at West Marine for about 30.00. When I get on and off I just flip one switch and all power to all extras is off. Works great no splicing and is a lot neater looking job.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
IronButtOpie said:
They don't splice into the wire, do they?
Yes, that's usually what I do. I skin some of the sheathing off of the wire, and then solder my aux wire right onto it. Cover the splice with tape or heat-shrink tubing and it'll never fail.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all three of ya'll. ... been most helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts