BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 K1200LT with a dealer installed VOICE II Communications System. I have been unable to get the cell phone to work properly while driving. When the engine is off, the phone works fine with me able to accept and make calls clearly. When I crank the engine, I loose the ability to talk...I can still hear but the other party only hears "engine noise" or nothing at all.

My last LT everything worked fine with me able to make and receive calls at highway speed.

I have been back and forth with J&M and they insist it is not the headset. I plugged into another LT and same symptoms.

Another LT driver stated he heard this was a German thing and that if a second headset was not plugged into the comm system, nothing worked correctly.

I have swapped cell phones, chords and no change.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks,

-jim

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a similar setup although I have a autocom unit that everything is plugged into. I had a lot of noise using my Valantine One Audio connector and fixed it with a Radio Shack Ground Loop Isolator. You can use only one lead or cut the leads of to make a custom install. It completely eleminated all noise for under 20.00.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...oductId=2062214

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have an 06 LT with the Voicecom II. I had to purchase a special cord from BMW to get my LG Envy ( verizon ) to work properly with the system. Same symptoms as yours, before I got the BMW cord, I could hear the caller, but they couldn't hear my mic.

Now that I have a new phone, an LG Dare, problem is back. The Dare has a different size jack than my Envy, and BMW does not make a cord with a plug the size I need. Tried using different adapters, but none worked. Probably going to have to figure out some sort of blue tooth solution.

·
Premium Member
7,545 Posts
sonnata said:
I have an 06 LT with the Voicecom II. I had to purchase a special cord from BMW to get my LG Envy ( verizon ) to work properly with the system. Same symptoms as yours, before I got the BMW cord, I could hear the caller, but they couldn't hear my mic.

Now that I have a new phone, an LG Dare, problem is back. The Dare has a different size jack than my Envy, and BMW does not make a cord with a plug the size I need. Tried using different adapters, but none worked. Probably going to have to figure out some sort of blue tooth solution.
Do you have a multimeter you can use to check the connections of the cord you have that works? If you can verify the connection of the tip, ring and sleeve on one end to those on the other end, you can probably buy jacks of the right size and solder together your own cable.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Voyager said:
Do you have a multimeter you can use to check the connections of the cord you have that works? If you can verify the connection of the tip, ring and sleeve on one end to those on the other end, you can probably buy jacks of the right size and solder together your own cable.
That's a good idea. I really suck at soldering, but there is a local electronics shop that might be willing to do it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't have my cord with me but as I recall the male plug on the BMW cord has an extra segement making it a four wire connector and thats why you get no mike. Your plug does not reach the fourth contact in the jack so it does not make a mike connection.

Bruce Buchner

·
Registered
280 Posts
jimmarshall8901 said:
I have a 2008 K1200LT with a dealer installed VOICE II Communications System. I have been unable to get the cell phone to work properly while driving. When the engine is off, the phone works fine with me able to accept and make calls clearly. When I crank the engine, I loose the ability to talk...I can still hear but the other party only hears "engine noise" or nothing at all.

My last LT everything worked fine with me able to make and receive calls at highway speed.

I have been back and forth with J&M and they insist it is not the headset. I plugged into another LT and same symptoms.

Another LT driver stated he heard this was a German thing and that if a second headset was not plugged into the comm system, nothing worked correctly.

I have swapped cell phones, chords and no change.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks,

-jim
Hello? It's a motorcycle! Throw the cell phone and the wrist watch away and ride! I doubt that you (Mr. President) are that important that a call can't wait till you stop to pee or get a cold one!

OMG... LOL!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
+1 on the 4-pole pin for the Voice II (07 LT). Fixed my LG connecting problem. Still no ring in the headset, tho (LG thing), but the phone works to talk, etc. I do miss my Autocom that was on the 02; miss it more since W has one on the Spyder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tonygret said:
I have a similar setup although I have a autocom unit that everything is plugged into. I had a lot of noise using my Valantine One Audio connector and fixed it with a Radio Shack Ground Loop Isolator. You can use only one lead or cut the leads of to make a custom install. It completely eleminated all noise for under 20.00.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...oductId=2062214
Thanks Tony....I ordered the Ground Loop Isolator from radio shack!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I second the request for someone with a working 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable to break out a multimeter and report the electrical connections from one end to the other. I've tried the three pin and 4 pin cables with rx audio, but never rx audio.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts