BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6"1" what is the consensus on the correct size of Cee Bailey's windshield and do you recommend the #2 or the #1 style?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Steve,

I am a little over 6' and have a #2 -3. Cee Baileys measurements are a little funky, but this height lets me look over the shield with very little buffeting in the down position. With it up a couple of inches, the airflow is thrown completly over your head.

There are numerous posts on the board and in the archive describing the differnces in the measurements between stock and Cee Baileys. Check it out, get out the tape measure, and you'll be in business in no time.

HTH,

·
Registered
590 Posts
In addition to style and height, you also have to decide whether you want the windshield "with wings". Kind of like buying feminine hygiene products.

I have seem more Style #2 windshields, of course, I may have seen some Style 1 shields and mistaken them for stock.

Some riders have suggested that the wings are not so good for those of us in the sunny South, unless you want to swap to a stock or shorter shield for Summer riding.

I've not had a chance to ride behind any of the aftermarket shields myself.

·
Registered
230 Posts
6 ft. tall, running #2-4 w/wings lite smoke. #2-2 was to tall. I would do it again, lite smoke, #2-3 w/wings. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am 6ft 1, sit straight and tall in saddle, 32 leg inseam, I choose the #2 without wings. -1. this low enough to see over but cuts down buffeting for pass but still get some wind over top all the way down and yet goes high enough in rain to hide behind. -2 would be equal to stock height, the flip at the top adds a little bit. have only had it for a month and have not ridin in rain yet. I wanted mine a little bit higher for buffeting control but i wanted to see over. I feel if you ride in a lot of rain or commute the wings might be an advantage, if you are a fair weather rider not need i feel, just my opinion
darcy

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I am 5'9" with 31 inch inseam. I had a #2 with wings, and a -2. I couldn't quite see over it in the down position, but the air flow was good. I got a -4 with wings, and now I can see over it fine, and the wind control for me is good. BUT, my wife says there is too much wind for her, esp when it is down. If I had to do it again, I would get the -3. My opinion only.

·
Registered
160 Posts
6.0' 34 inseam #2 -4 no wings perfect for me,and my SO. The wings create a lot of drag. Dave

·
Cat Herder
1,441 Posts
Just returned my #2 -2... I loved the air flow, but the wind buffeting on my helmet was really annoying (Nolan 102) and pounded my ears.(with earplugs in)

CB sent me a #1 Stock OEM for free... Just got it a few days ago and haven't had a chance to put it on yet... bike is in for another 12K service.

·
Registered
188 Posts
How about Euro (squared off top) or standard cut (rounded top)?

6'1" 34" inseam. I am thinking about the #2 -3 Euro cut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts