BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Cee Baileys?Which one to order? HELP PLS

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  STARFIGHTER 
#1 ·
Need to order a new screen, wife says she would like less air then the stock sheild, she is 5' 10"...

Considering the touring screen -1

Comments from those who ride 2 up would be great !!

Thank you

#2 ·
I bought the stock size CB, and both the navigator and I think it's got better airflow characteristics than the OEM piece. Can't explain it. But it's better.

However: I'm 5'10" and she's only 5'7". With your wife's height, you might want to go a tad taller.

Just my $.02 worth. Hope it's of use.

Don

#3 ·
DBHutchins said:
I bought the stock size CB, and both the navigator and I think it's got better airflow characteristics than the OEM piece. Can't explain it. But it's better.

However: I'm 5'10" and she's only 5'7". With your wife's height, you might want to go a tad taller.

Just my $.02 worth. Hope it's of use.

Don
Short Hi-Jack --- Happy Birthday, Don!

#4 ·
It makes a difference if you are getting the style #2 or not. The flip at the top raises the shield considerably. I'm 6'0" and shrinking. I tried the style #2 -2 and it was to tall. I now have the #2-4. Great shield. I might try #2 -3 next time. I also have the wings. My wife says they make a big difference. My 2 cents. Hope this helps.

#6 ·
CeeBee

I tried out my new CB #2 -1" today for the first time today. I'm about 6' 1" and have been using the stock shield for 3 years or so. The main thing I notice is that with the CB shield fully down, I get much less direct air in my face than before. I would have to raise the stock shield about 2-3" before to get the same effect. And doing so would put the edge of the glass in my line of sight, which I don't care for much. It is much nicer to look over the glass than through it, IMHO. So, on this I am pleased. The #2 curve creates a low pressure area in the rider area that is somewhat noticable in my ears, kind of like being on a plane changing altitudes. I have a half helmet, so maybe that's why I notice it more. I also agree that the shield "seems" bigger although I know it it actually 1" smaller as measured down the center. I believe that the upper corners flare out a bit more than the stock unit.

#7 ·
I have just recently gotten my Cee Bailey #2 at stock height and the jury for me is still out. I went from a Euro cut to the #2 and at 6'5" I get a huge amount of buffeting behind the screen no matter what level I adjust it.

If I did it again I would have probably gone a #1 -2, the Euro cut I had was probably 7 inches shorter and with it all the way up I was fairly comfortable. The other thing I don't really like is that the scoop at the top distorts vision and that is right in my eye line if I raise it up at all, I can just look over the top with it all the way down.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

#9 ·
I am 6'0 and Karen is 54'4
We have a #2 -3 with wings.....
Both love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.