BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All;

Well, just received my seat from Cee baileys'. Had a Rick mayer seat that was so so, but put 100k on it so I guess it worked out.
I will let you guys know how it is shortly. 350$ We will see.

Zeke

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I didn't know Cee Bailey's made seats. Let us know how it feels as soon as you can.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is custom, send pics, and a questionare , weight, height, etc. I sent in a stock pan and they built it up from there. They call me first to see what I like, dont like, type riding. Took a little longer than I thought, supposed to be 2 weeks ended up almost 4. Keep on them and they served me well. The seat guy is great, the other dept. no so much. They supposedly build seats for the CA. highway patrol guys.
I will let you know very soon. I ride about 2 hours per day so I will know quickly.

Zeke

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Zeke said:
I ride about 2 hours per day so I will know quickly.

Zeke
With that kind of saddle time per day, I'd expect so! Wow! Are the seats on the website? I'm going to check them out.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes;

Go to the site it is all there. I just went for a short 1/2 hr for some stuff and so far its comfy. But I will wait till some break in time and see.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have a set of leather cee bailey seats that I had made a few years ago. They were too hard for my boney butt. Now I have Rick Mayer. If anyone wants the Cee Bailey seats I will sell them for $200 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
alstrickland55 said:
I have a set of leather cee bailey seats that I had made a few years ago. They were too hard for my boney butt. Now I have Rick Mayer. If anyone wants the Cee Bailey seats I will sell them for $200 plus shipping.

I am interested in your seats Al, send me a pm and we can work out the details.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey All;

Sorry it took so long to reply. The seat was good but not great,but you get free adjustment.
But free is a loose term, you pay to have it sent back but then they adjust it and send it back no charge. So anyways, I took a yellow grease pencil made the necessary markings and off it went. Just got it back, only 1 week turnaround from FL to CA and back. After a brief discussion, the seat fits almost perfect. I did 1200 miles on the first one and just wasn't quite right. Now only 120 miles feels much much better, we will see after 1200 and up. I have a 4000 miles trip coming up in two weeks and that will tell.
I will let you know.

Zeke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts