BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2011 RT, considering a Cee Bailey windscreen, I have read that some of the RT owners experienced problems with the windshield bracket breaking due to the added pressure caused by the Cee Bailey screen. Anyone experience this on the newer model or has BMW strengthened the windshield bracket?
Any input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I've had a Cee Bailey on my LT for 4 years with no prob.....

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
buckwheat said:
I have a new 2011 RT, considering a Cee Bailey windscreen, I have read that some of the RT owners experienced problems with the windshield bracket breaking due to the added pressure caused by the Cee Bailey screen. Anyone experience this on the newer model or has BMW strengthened the windshield bracket?
Any input would be appreciated.
That can happen with ANY larger windscreen, not just Cee Bailey's.

Strong arms are available on the after market.

One arm broke on mine several years ago. I replaced it with an OEM arm and have had no problems since.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just be sure you are not ordering a wind sail! The larger the screen, the more wind protection BUT, the more wind resistance on the bike, and the arms that hold it up on the bike. Unless you are 6ft 4" or above, a +1 or +2 in height is fine. I am 5'10", and I ordered a +2 in height and a +3 in width. This combination is great during the colder months. At 75 MPH a bic lighter can be lit behind my windshield, and continue to burn. In the warmer months, I have found that I am "wind" deprived and have ordered a -2" rally sport shield for summer. Cee Baily does offer a way of finding out exactly the right height for you to order. It would behoove you to try to measure just for YOU.

Gekko, Aka,Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts