BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to get a Cee Bailey windscreen for my 2010 RT and at 6' I am opting for the +2" taller screen. My question has to do with references to visual "distortion" that I have seen in some discussion of hr Cee Bailey screen. What is this about? Is it due to the up curve at the top of the screen? Or is it something to do with the refractive index of the particular grade of acrylic used in the screen?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Lawrence,

I have a +2 Cee Bailey. I don't see any distortion in it at all. I am 6'0" and have been using the seat in the low position For more security when stopped. I haven't been raising the windscreen at all and am looking over the top of it. I do sometimes raise it 1-2" when I want it quieter. There is a little noise all the way down but it goes to dead air when raised the 1-2". That makes it better to hear the stereo! Even then I am still looking over the top of it.

Regards,

·
Registered
327 Posts
Lawrence_D said:
I have decided to get a Cee Bailey windscreen for my 2010 RT and at 6' I am opting for the +2" taller screen. My question has to do with references to visual "distortion" that I have seen in some discussion of hr Cee Bailey screen. What is this about? Is it due to the up curve at the top of the screen? Or is it something to do with the refractive index of the particular grade of acrylic used in the screen?
Lawrence, I had a +2/+2 CB on my GT and had no distortion issues.
I never look through the screen even when it is fully up which I only ever did in very heavy rain so Im not sure that I would have ever noticed distortion.
I am 183cm, rode the GT with the seat in the high position and used to just dial the screen in to the optimum quiet zone with minimum buffeting for me and on the GT the CB screen was far superior than the factory BMW screen.
In the twisty stuff I always put the screen into the lowest position for better all round visibility so once again no distortion..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed a CB +2 on my 2011 last week. Overall, I am very happy with the quality of the product and the extra wind protection. I have a very slight bit of distortion near the top of the right windshield mount. Not at all a distraction or safety issue, as I don't look through that part of the windshield anyway. The area of distortion is approximately 4 sq. inches. No big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts