BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the discussion on the Cal Sci windshield lately, has any used one of Cee Bailey's? A comparison between the two would be appreciated.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I have used Cee Bailey windshields for years. Always pleased with them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
And I have one on my 2007 and luv it..
I bought it wide and tall and never have to touch windshield riser.
And my wife gets plenty of coverage also..

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I have cee bailey on my LT and RTP
Very happy with them....................

·
Registered
119 Posts
STARFIGHTER said:
I have cee bailey on my LT and RTP
Very happy with them....................
Allan, what size spec do you have on the RTP? I'm 5'9" and thinking of a different shield for my '02 RTP. Thanks much.

·
Registered
391 Posts
cessna said:
With all the discussion on the Cal Sci windshield lately, has any used one of Cee Bailey's? A comparison between the two would be appreciated.

Regards,
I've had a Cee Bailey for about a year now. Tinted gray, about an inch and a half more narrow than a stocker, about an inch shorter as well. There is a small laminar lip at it's top and it makes all the difference in the world. At 6 foot tall and with a stock seat, I don't raise it as much as I did the OEM. Can't say anything about passenger comfort. To me, it is more effective (for a single rider) than the OEM. Also, no "fluttering" at higher speeds. Yesterday out on a long desert road I tucked in behind it and got up to 115mph with no wind pressure---in the lowered position. It also draws compliments because it simply looks so much better than the OEM, the tint and smaller profile "shrink' the front of the bike to look more streamlined. Thumbs up! I can send photo if you wish.

·
Registered
23 Posts
cessna said:

Regards,
This might help with your decision. Cee Bailey is running a 15% off discount thru 2-28. Use coupon code CBFEVER when you order.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
sid90s said:
This might help with your decision. Cee Bailey is running a 15% off discount thru 2-28. Use coupon code CBFEVER when you order.

I just noticed 60% off on selected K1200LT models if available and until they run out.... I don't have or use one, just happened to see the ad...I personally like my stock windshield.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input guys!

I really like the looks of the CalSci but don't like the fact the it isn't molded to the shape of the support arms to start with. It probably isn't a problem since so many guys use them. I am just concerned about cracking. I get radial cracks at the screw holes from my Harley windshield and it is shaped to fit the fairing.The Cee Bailey eliminates that concern.

Regards,

·
Registered
287 Posts
heavynikonf3 said:
I've had a Cee Bailey for about a year now. Tinted gray, about an inch and a half more narrow than a stocker, about an inch shorter as well. There is a small laminar lip at it's top and it makes all the difference in the world. At 6 foot tall and with a stock seat, I don't raise it as much as I did the OEM. Can't say anything about passenger comfort. To me, it is more effective (for a single rider) than the OEM. Also, no "fluttering" at higher speeds. Yesterday out on a long desert road I tucked in behind it and got up to 115mph with no wind pressure---in the lowered position. It also draws compliments because it simply looks so much better than the OEM, the tint and smaller profile "shrink' the front of the bike to look more streamlined. Thumbs up! I can send photo if you wish.
Does this windscreen give you more air flow so that you are cooler or better protection for less buffeting? If the latter, are you warmer?

From your description it sounds like it give the bike a sportier look. I would love to see a photo. Thx.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ozonewanderer said:
Does this windscreen give you more air flow so that you are cooler or better protection for less buffeting? If the latter, are you warmer?

From your description it sounds like it give the bike a sportier look. I would love to see a photo. Thx.
Try this
www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/bmwr1200rt2ws.htm

Less buffeting at speeds above 50mph, no noticable change below that. At 50plus, it gets really efficient in dumping air over and to the sides. I use mine almost all the way down most of the time. I have not had a passenger using this so I can't comment on that.
IMHO, like the ad said--works better than the OEM and looks MUCH better. Product name is Rally Sportshield.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heavynikonf3,

That is a nice looking windshield! I like the color of your bike too. Is is a custom paint job?

Regards,

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heavynikonf3

It looks like the pics you posted are from the web site...so, the bike pictured probably is not yours?

What about wind noise? Is that reduced or increased with this windshield? One thing I am looking for is a wind noise reduction so I can better hear the radio.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
My Cee Bailey is 18-1/2" from top of screen to top of "cut-out"
I'm 5'-10" and can see over the top with air stream just over the top of my helmet.
(with windscreen 1/2 way up)

·
Registered
391 Posts
cessna said:
heavynikonf3

It looks like the pics you posted are from the web site...so, the bike pictured probably is not yours?

What about wind noise? Is that reduced or increased with this windshield? One thing I am looking for is a wind noise reduction so I can better hear the radio.

Regards,
Hi Cessna---
You are correct, it is from their site. I thought you could use the other info. My bike has a stock paint job. I'll yank the cover off of it and send a photo in a couple of hours. Wind noise wearing an Arai Corsair full face is about the same--not a problem. Photos fully up, fully down, front and rear---pardon garage background! You can click on an image to enlarge.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I was enticed by the 15% off sale Cee Bailey has going on through the end of the month and the fact that it will fit the mounting arms (unlike the CalSci which need to be pulled into shape to fit). I ordered a +2" windscreen for my 2010RT. I don't have any serious complaints with the stock BMW windscreen but wanted to try one a little taller and hopefully a little quieter.

I received the new windscreen yesterday in less than a week. It is packaged very well and I have not remove the bubble wrap yet. So far Cee Bailey has done an excellent job. We'll see how it works out.

Regards,

·
Registered
419 Posts
cessna said:
Well, I was enticed by the 15% off sale Cee Bailey has going on through the end of the month and the fact that it will fit the mounting arms (unlike the CalSci which need to be pulled into shape to fit). I ordered a +2" windscreen for my 2010RT. I don't have any serious complaints with the stock BMW windscreen but wanted to try one a little taller and hopefully a little quieter.

I received the new windscreen yesterday in less than a week. It is packaged very well and I have not remove the bubble wrap yet. So far Cee Bailey has done an excellent job. We'll see how it works out.

Regards,

Please provide an update once you have it mounted and take for a ride. I had a CB on another bike and would order another one. The CalSci look great but am concerned as you were about fit and wonder why they don't manufacture to the proper fit.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
davidm_10

Your windscreen looks great! I bought the larger screen in clear. I'll get it on this weekend. BTW, do you use blue away on your header pipes or have you not ridden it much yet?

Regards,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts