BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Cee Bailey Hyper flow shield. I had oem shield yet and it had seen it's best years. I bought the tall Whisper 22. I like the look of it as the cut and shape seem to flow with the bike. As for riding 2 up or solo it seems very similar to the oem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just installed Cee Bailey Hyper flow shield. I had oem shield yet and it had seen it's best years. I bought the tall Whisper 22. I like the look of it as the cut and shape seem to flow with the bike. As for riding 2 up or solo it seems very similar to the oem.
I replaced a faded oem on my '99 with a 16" CeeBailey Sport and really like it for summer riding. It is alot shorter than the orig. but down it allows alot of wind flow on these hot Texas days; and up it still provides protection from rain, bugs, too much wind, etc. I might try the 22' for winter.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I replaced a faded oem on my '99 with a 16" CeeBailey Sport and really like it for summer riding. It is alot shorter than the orig. but down it allows alot of wind flow on these hot Texas days; and up it still provides protection from rain, bugs, too much wind, etc. I might try the 22' for winter.
Where in Texas are you? Your profile does not say.

Robert

·
IBR# 366
16,568 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Where in Texas are you? Your profile does not say.

Robert
Sorry, need to update that profile. East of Dallas, Rockwall County, Royse City 75189 I know that Columbus is close to Houston - maybe we can get together somehow. Are there any meets or BMW bike shows this year near you or me ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you're interested in saving some cash, I have a Cee Bailey Whisper Flow Windshield in the Classifieds for a decent price. :)
Thanks -just checked it out, looks nice! My budget is shot right now after buying the bike in May, adding a Corbin and the Sport shield, new tire, breaks, & lights . I'll try working some OT for xtra funds and get with you soon, if you still have it.

·
IBR# 366
16,568 Posts
No problem.

I got it for a decent price from a friend, and I no longer have the LT, so I thought I could pass it on to someone who could use it.

And get it out of my garage. :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sorry, need to update that profile. East of Dallas, Rockwall County, Royse City 75189 I know that Columbus is close to Houston - maybe we can get together somehow. Are there any meets or BMW bike shows this year near you or me ?
The only "local" rallies that I know of are the national in St. Paul (which we will attend) and the Houston club rally Sat, 1 November 2014, 13:00 – Sun, 2 November 2014, 14:00 Oak Thicket Park On Lake Fayette, Texas 159, Fayetteville, TX. (I'm not too impressed with this turning into practically a day ride for me, used to be two nights with three meals included)

You might look into the RTE meets that come up quite often.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just got a Slipstreamer. I read some of the posts here and decided it was the best bang for the buck -- for my 14 year old bike that is primarily a commuter. It was $103 (including "free" shipping) through Amazon. It did come with two minor scratches off on one side, but it will probably have many more by this time next year.

The original windshield had gotten to the point where I could barely see through it.

When I bought the bike eight years ago, apparently I took the windshield off, probably just to clean under it. I had marked the plastic covers and the metal brackets with L and R and "up".

Just now, as I was putting it back together, I gingerly snapped the cover back on one side and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't lying flat on the windshield. I snapped it back off and on again to make sure the tab had gone into the slot. Still not sitting right. Then I noticed that the angle at the bottom was perpendicular to the cut of the windshield.

Oh, fradtz. They were (correctly) marked L and R as one is sitting on the bike. I was standing in front of the bike.

Screws back out... swap them to the correct sides... screws back in. Hey, the covers now fit correctly.

[facepalm]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts