BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, My alarm fob works, it locks/unlocks the panniers/topbox and sets the alarm however, I have found that it does not lock the CD/Torch/Glove box! I can hear a click etc and the only way I can secure the compartment is to use the ignition key. This locks it, but using the alarm fob it does not unlock it, so I think that the manual method only works using the key, i.e. to either lock or unlock it.

Could you shed any light on why it is not locking/unlocking using the alarm fob please? Are there any checks I can make, which are simple!! ??

Hopefully someone maybe able to assist,

Regards Rossy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not at all............ :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had exactly the same problem. Needed to unscrew one of the screws under tank cover.
Just to try remove the two screws that holds tank cover and remove it. Then remove screws under the tank cover and try the fob.

Regards,
Reima

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I agree. Probly a loose wire. Happened to my 07.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I noticed on my '06 that the panniers/topcase/glovebox don't lock/unlock unless you hold the alarm button long enough. That is, only the alarm activates and no lock is engaged, if you just push the button quickly.

Moreover, if you remove the pressure immediatly when you hear the case locking noise, the glove compartment doesn't lock/unlock sometimes. You have to keep the pressure a bit longer for it.

It doesn't sound too logical, but I've noticed it so many times that now I hold the button down for a good second everytime. Try it and let me know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Opps!

Sorry guys for not getting back to you, thanks for your help !!

I loosened the screws around the glove box/ CD area and did them up again but not so tight, the glove CD box lid now locks!

Once again thank you ! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts