BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering does anyone know if my 2000 bmw k1200lt is pre wired for fitting a cd changer in the luggage box. I have the fairings and the Petrol tank off but can’t find any plugs for it

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts
The CD changer goes in the right saddle bag. (#1) The radio unit is either a cassette 99-2000 or CD version 2001-2009. (#2). The connector circled in red is the start of the harness to the changer. If it is not there you cannot add one.

Reactions: kbob12

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it’s there coming out off the radio cassette and there is three plugs up beside them that they would plug into but I can’t find anything else that cd changer wiring harness would plug into.
I will put up photos tomorrow

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts
That circled plug is one end of the harness, the other end is in the side bag as shown. There is also a plug on the back of the radio that goes to that circled plug.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bear in mind that you can replace the radio with a modern type. That way you will not have need of the CD changer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bear in mind that you can replace the radio with a modern type. That way you will not have need of the CD changer.
Yes that’s an option but the genuine one for this is very expensive and to put in a different stereo won’t work with the controls on the handlebars

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes that’s an option but the genuine one for this is very expensive and to put in a different stereo won’t work with the controls on the handlebars
.Oh yes it will! I sell an interface to enable the display and controls to work with a modern radio like an Alpine.

Have a look at my link here: K1200LT radio converter module, click here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts