BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am installing a 6 cd changer in my bike (I've heard all the ipod arguments) but would be grateful if someone with the changer option would possibly take a couple of pictures of the wiring route from the side case BEFORE I drill any holes!
Many thanks in advance.

Simon

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,135 Posts
Here you go Simon. I took it out but left the wire in place. The remainder goes up the frame rail then follows the seat frame to the radio area.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Exact same place as my 2001 (gone) and current 2005.

I have two CD changers if you are looking for one...very reasonably priced.

I keep my crown in the left saddlebag though. I have a BlitzSafe plugged into my factory Changer harness in the right saddlebag.

·
Registered
679 Posts
GlennM86 said:

I keep my crown in the left saddlebag though. I have a BlitzSafe plugged into my factory Changer harness in the right saddlebag.
Glenn- Do you mean Crown Royal? And what the heck is a BlitzSafe?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
casualemt said:
Glenn- Do you mean Crown Royal? And what the heck is a BlitzSafe?
From the magic at Google BlitzSafe.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Dayam Glenn! You have a crown?

All hail Glenn! :bowdown:

Loren

GlennM86 said:

·
Registered
478 Posts
checked out ipod adaptor site said could control volume & tone but does the seek option work with the adapter

·
Registered
607 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Dayam Glenn! You have a crown?

All hail Glenn! :bowdown:

Loren

although I would prefer Loren's version, yes, I am referring to Crown Royal. I saw the familiar purple bag in one of the photos...I had to comment.

:b2topic:

The blitzsafe unit plugs directly into the LT factory CD Changer harness.
You control the input using the factory stereo and handlebar controls (volume, etc).

You have to select the CD Changer on the stereo to hear the Blitzsafe inputs.

I run my Zumo 550 (and built in XM radio) through the blitzsafe, select CD Changer on the stereo, and listen to whatever comes out of the Zumo (MP3, XM, GPS guidance).

You can also plug an ipod into the blitzsafe, but will only have volume controls from the handlebars.

This is the one I have: http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/bmw/bmw-/-aux-dmx-v-1/prod_41.html

I added the RCA to headphone adapter that is mentioned in the blitzsafe description.

Works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts