BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 k1200lt and my cd player in saddlebag quit working. I would like to add an auxiliary input instead of replacing the changer. Does anyone know if there's an adapter or know a way to wire an auxiliary input.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,143 Posts
There was a Dice interface to plug and play into the CD Changer harness for iPods, don't know if those are still available.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's a thread that deals with the options about the CD player. Some have had success with the DICE unit, while others have not. One option is to install a USB charging port in the odiments and connect the iphone to the aux input. This will give you power and music input. You will be able to control the volume from the hadlebar controls. If you want to control the phone's playlist/songs, there are a number of bluetooth remote controlers that would povide this function.

I belive that the DICE unit is still available on ebay

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,143 Posts
The wiring for the changer is the same for all years of the LT

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is another worthwhile option, a modern head unit.

I make an interface for the K1200LT to allow you to retain the original 'bike controls and display with a new radio. Have a look here, see if it floats your boat... Click here for Ibus interface information.
Scimitar -
When you replace the head unit, is the Voice II also eliminated or is the radio/CD the only thing that is replace?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
My 525i has bluetooth, but only for communication. I added a bluetooth fm transmitter and play my phone tunes through the radio. No wiring involved. It could be installed, with switch power, in the saddlebag.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Scimitar -
When you replace the head unit, is the Voice II also eliminated or is the radio/CD the only thing that is replace?
The Voice II is a seperate device from the radio, but the "source" is switched through the radio. I have no experience whatever of those so I can't be definite. If I had one here, I'm sure it could be made to work via the Aux in on a modern radio, but to do it blind would be more of a challenge. If you are able to do some technical stuff and testing for me, we could give it a go though.

I use a Starcom1 Digital on my 'bike which works as a "hub" for everything else.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,143 Posts
FWIW the VOICE unit will only work with the stock radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 01 k1200lt and my cd player in saddlebag quit working. I would like to add an auxiliary input instead of replacing the changer. Does anyone know if there's an adapter or know a way to wire an auxiliary input.
Hi Brian, I just did the mod to remove the radio and CD player and then added a USD in the compartment off the battery. Ran a USB cable from the radio compartment up to the R/H handle bar to power my Iphone and installed a ram mount to the brake reservoir. I also purchased a shade cover for the iphone. Connection to the iphone and the helmet via Bluetooth to Cardo Packtalk Bold with larger JDL speakers. I won't test it untill next Friday during a 3 day ride to Austin, TX after these storms and fronts all pass.
If you need any additional info let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts