BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what is involved in removing the CD changer from the right hand saddlebag? I want the space more than the changer. Can it just be removed without doing anything else and still be able to use the CD player in the dash? Thanks.......... :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think there are two screws on both the front and rear of the changer housing and two connectors to disconnect after you move the housing enough to get to them. By front and rear I mean relative to the motorcycle. It would be the left and right sides of the changer housing if you are looking into the saddlebag.

It's really very easy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very simple:

- Remove the screws holding the CD player down to the CD brackets. This should be relatively obvious.
- The wire harness disconnects from the back of the CD player and not from the bike (unless you track it all the way to the front controls). Slide the CD player towards you, turn and remove the wire connections.
- To remove the cd brackets once the player is out, remove the "strap" or what ever it is that stops the saddle bag door from flopping down by removing the screw that holds strap place on the saddle bag door. Dropping the door down will allow access to the two (I think) screws that hold the brackets in place.

good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts