BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the single cd and the cd changer. When I push the cd button it goes to cd and plays the singel cd. When I push the cd button multiple times it goes from radio to cd to aux to com. There is no setting for the changer. How do I get the cd changer to work?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I don't remeber, I just do it.

Shoot, now I gonna have to go try it. :D

OK had to go look
Press the CD button you should be on the single. Press the CD button again you should be on the changer.

·
Registered
698 Posts
hphammer said:
I have the single cd and the cd changer. When I push the cd button it goes to cd and plays the singel cd. When I push the cd button multiple times it goes from radio to cd to aux to com. There is no setting for the changer. How do I get the cd changer to work?
When you have the CD in the 'Stingray' selected (the first CD in the Display) the next push should bring up the CD changer as a selection with CD1 TrkXX etc that you then select from your selection control on the left handle grip.

If this isn't working I would check your connections on the CD changer in the right hand case, if they are OK then I can't remember if the CD changer has a fuse on the back or possible connection is loose on the radio...Good luck

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,909 Posts
If the plugs are loose it will skip right past it for selection. I can't remember if you had to have a CD in it or not since mine has been out of the bike for the last four years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. I unplugged and replugged the connects to the changer. I can hear it cycle when I remove and replace the box out of the changer that holds the cds. Its like it's not set up for it. The fuse looks good.

·
Cat Herder
1,441 Posts
what year is your bike? Once you select CD on the stingray and you want to change CD's, press and hold the right arrow key on the left handlebar, it will select the next available CD.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
hphammer said:
Thanks for the replys. I unplugged and replugged the connects to the changer. I can hear it cycle when I remove and replace the box out of the changer that holds the cds. Its like it's not set up for it. The fuse looks good.
stupid question... Do you have a cd in it? the changer unit will cycle threw the cassette in an effort to "find" one. If there is not one there, the RDU will skip it because it just searched and nothing was there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its an 04. I do have several cds in the unit. Its like its not there. The connection to the unit was good and tight. I guess I will have to check the radio side connections.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm keenly interested to hear the outcome of this one. Reason being, I have a very similar issue, but my circumstances are slightly different in that I have the iSimple iPod interface instead of the cd changer. I posted about the problem here. For what it's worth, I've since received a replacement iSimple interface, but it didn't solve the problem.

Bottom-line, the symptoms described here are exactly what I'm dealing with...the head unit just doesn't recognize the device back there. I've even re-installed my cd changer, and it doesn't work...very same symptom as described in this thread. Pressing the CD button simply toggles between the single cd player, then Aux, then Intercom....but it won't go to the cd changer. At this point, I'm almost 100% convinced that my problem is not with the iSimple interface (since my re-installed cd changer won't work either), but rather is a problem whereby something's gone wrong in the head unit. My next move is to remove the stingray and check plugs, but I'm skeptical that one of the plugs came lose, since they all lock in place.

I've checked all of the main fuses on the bike, and the fuse on the back of the cd changer itself (all good). Does anybody know if there are any fuses on the radio itself? The strange thing is, I have power back there (as measured at the three prong cd changer plug), but despite that, I can't even get the cd changer tray to eject itself. Very strange indeed. Any advice is much appreciated.

Toolman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts