BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. The CD changer on the LT worked once. I now get a "no disk found" message. The changer makes noise like it is searching for a disk when a loaded cart is inserted but doesn't seem to load a disk. The cart is loaded correctly and is ejected and received by the changer as normal. Any advice is appreciated.

Tferguss

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the I-bus connection between the player and the Becker radio. The power for the changer is ALWAYS powered on (not switched with the key) so that's working (probably loads & ejects) but there's other wires (and I vaguely think they're on another plug on the back of the changer too...). Have you had it out lately...I'd start with making sure all the relevant plugs are correctly connected to the player, might be more connections than you expect. Of course, it could also be the player or radio/amp or even the head unit or the wiring anywhere in-between, but it ain't as likely as at a plug. The player is so easy to swap that I'd recommend you just swap one with a friend first.

Of course now a lot of people will recommend that if it is the player you just trash it or sell it on ebay and get an I-pod & Dension ice-link etc.

Sorry I'm not more help but Irv Seaver's BMW stole all my manuals and the full set of wiring diagrams etc. from my topcase when they replaced my clutch.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Are you sure that the disks are the right way round. I accidentally loaded mine upside down, like my pickup’s changer, and I got the “no disk found” error.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I did try loading the CD upside down with no change in results, thought I was hoping it was that easy. My next effort is to remove the unit and check the connections.

I haven't had the bike very long and it worked fine before. I am confident the problem can be solved.

Thanks again.
tferguss

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Two words, I Pod.

·
Registered
128 Posts
CD changer help

I had a similar problem with my CD changer. Fortunately it was under warrantee. Dealer said the magazine was not being loaded fully and properly. They made an adjustment and it has been working fine since then.
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts