BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to thinking it would be nice to get some people together again, possibly at one of our earlier venues and have a Curve Cowboy Reunion - Reunion. Any one up for this? Ideas? No charity, no bylaws, just camaraderie and riding. What say you all?

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Got to thinking it would be nice to get some people together again, possibly at one of our earlier venues and have a Curve Cowboy Reunion - Reunion. Any one up for this? Ideas? No charity, no bylaws, just camaraderie and riding. What say you all?
I never attended one but if it was within my means and distance I would consider it. Not sure I could do a west coast thing but currently am open. I will watch this thread with anticipation. I don't fall into the reunion category never having been but it was the LT that started this and I am currently an owner and avid supporter of this wonderful machine.

Reactions: Munmi

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Back to basics, I like it.

Pick a date and location, and whomever can make it, will make it.

Just friends and bikes and food and great roads.

There have been a few similar small gatherings through the year, such as Cambria/Fort Bragg, WCR, Maggie Valley, The Dragon, etc. That gives different folks a "local" place to ride to meet like-minded friends.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I'm up for it, but not quite now as my wife (I ride, she flys) has been in chemo treatment for the last 7 months and I don't know when we'll be able to resume travels... Loved the camaraderie at the two CCRs I attended.:bmw:

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Sounds like a plan John!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Im in. but would need a location. anywhere in the middle of the country is fine. Im in far southern Florida, so anywhere east of Mississippi, im good. CA. would be fine, but would need the extended time off. but i could make it depending on time of year.
No frills, Im in.

Zeke

·
Registered
617 Posts
I am definitely in

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Very interested her as well!:wink:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Back to basics, I like it.

Pick a date and location, and whomever can make it, will make it.

Just friends and bikes and food and great roads.

There have been a few similar small gatherings through the year, such as Cambria/Fort Bragg, WCR, Maggie Valley, The Dragon, etc. That gives different folks a "local" place to ride to meet like-minded friends.
Geez, I hope this won't be too far for you Ken... LOL
It sure would be nice to see you again!

Reactions: katnapinn

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I love the idea!
Mountains?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe I have created a monster here but look at this Map and see what you think about 1, 2, 3, 5 or 8 as somewhat "central". I know a small group has already gone to the Ramkota Hotel in Rapid City recently and had a good time.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
8 (Missouri) would allow me to tick off two more states on my riding map, otherwise, New Mexico or Colorado would be fine too. :bmw:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
For me, in order of preference: 4 (NC), 15 (TN), 7 (GA), 2 (AR)

Reactions: Munmi

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Sounds like a plan man!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
I'm good with any but Tan Tar A, If memory serves it was a very poorly laid out location where many people dropped there bikes plus the riding was not very good. Although it was Sammie and mine first CCR so there are some good memories.
My favorite memory was when we pulled into the hotel it was upper 90's degrees and we where exhausted. As we stopped Grif and a very large red head gentleman met us at the bike with a bellmans cart and proceeded to unload our stuff for us. Grif said to just leave the bike with his friend and took us into the hotel to check in. After check in the red headed guy returned with the bike keys and told us he parked the bike in XX parking spot, unhooked the trailer we were pulling and locked it to the pole next to our bike. He then introduced himself as Jeff Eagen. I sure miss ElJeffe to this day. :crying:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Been awhile since we attended a CCR, getting too old for long distance riding and the wife doesn't ride anymore. Still riding but mostly local with an eat to ride/ride to eat group. However, depending on location, the wife and I would definitely be interested if you would allow us to arrive on 4 wheels. Would prefer east of Mississippi with a bias for locations 4, 7, or 15.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Maybe I have created a monster here but look at this Map and see what you think about 1, 2, 3, 5 or 8 as somewhat "central". I know a small group has already gone to the Ramkota Hotel in Rapid City recently and had a good time.
I think there already are "small reunions" of CCR folks meeting in the east and west parts of the country. It would be good if we could all get together again... so a site in the center of the country would be good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: katnapinn
1 - 20 of 101 Posts