BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CCR Board of Directors is getting ready to make decisions about the fate of CCR. If we are going to reorganize and plan for a 2017 event, we need a leadership team to lead the way. So, before we start any talk about structure, event location, dates. . .we need to have officers and BoD members in place. There is a core of BoD members who will continue on. Officers and new board members are elected yearly by the Board of Directors. Among current board members, there are candidates for chair, secretary, and treasurer. We need a vice chair (presumptive 2018 chair) and we have room for 1-3 new board members who serve a three year term and will head up one or more of the various committees. Any one interested? Post up here.

·
King of the Castle
184 Posts
I would join Doc in encouraging anyone interested in participating in the possible future of CCR to speak up and get in touch with Doc or me. Over the next few weeks the board will be making important decisions about the organization.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
CDA was probably our last CCR, so if you are planning a silent auction, you will need a chairperson. You never know, we may see you all there, wherever, but as attendees only.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CCR Board of Directors has a conference call scheduled for this week. Any leadership candidates out there for us to consider?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
has a location been posted for CCR 2017 ?? or did I miss it ?

Reactions: katnapinn

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The BoD has a conference call scheduled for this week. The main agenda item is to get a leadership team in place. To date, no new candidates have surfaced and among the current board of directors, no one has stepped forward with a clear plan or sense of direction. No 2017 site will be selected until a leadership team, with a vision, is elected.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm saddened to report bad news: The 2016 CCR Board of Directors decided to officially close the books on CCR. There will be no 2017 CCR event. The Board elected officers for 2017 and charged them with overseeing the closing: I agreed to be the 2017 chair; Dan Finazzo is filling three roles: web coordinator, vice chair, and secretary; Tom Gary is the 2017 treasurer. The remainder of the Board is Bruce White (2016 Chair), Larry Rosensteil, Jim Moore, Steve Mahon, and Mark Sieber. The officers are tasked with attending to the details associated with dissolution and bringing recommendations to the Board of Directors for final action and approval. To date, Dan has done all the necessary work to close our web site contract. That account is now closed and all CCR web associated obligations have been met. Tom has consulted a CPA to determine what, if any, IRS requirements must be met to dissolve CCR, a registered 501c3. The one piece of property held by CCR was a projector. Tom put that up for sale on e-bay and that item has been sold; proceeds have been added to our reserve account. All funds in the CCR reserve account, after any and all financial obligations have been met, will be donated to a charity still to be determined. Office supplies have been donated to a charity. The only other item of value under CCR's care was the Don Arthur American flag. I consulted with Don and the Board and we decided to give that flag to Randy Prade. Randy, one of CCR's earliest leaders and the face of CCR for many years, is now the flag's caretaker. Bruce, Jim, Mark, and Steve are investigating the possibility of organizing and holding a "skinny" CCR. . .no registration fee, no seminars, no charity, no vendors. . .everyone on their own dime. Such an event took place this past year with about 16 attendees. They went to the South Dakota CCR site and reported that everyone enjoyed themselves. Little structure, no real obligations: just a bunch of CCR folks getting together for a motorcycle tour. That sub-committee of the Board of Directors may have news on this topic as we move closer to spring.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
While it is sad news it was not unexpected.
Thank you for letting us know officially.
I have hopes that skinny CCRs will take off and renew interest in that type of events.
I am looking forward to Skinny 2017 myself and see those familiar faces of friends we made through the years.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
As a member of the Washington State BMW riders, I know it is hard to keep a club together. MOA has even talked about it. Computers and a different rider are the sign of the times.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I bought my '07 LT in '12 and thoroughly enjoyed it and was able to attend the '14 & '15 CCRs. My wife also enjoyed participating and we had been hoping for news of a '17 CCR. Sorry to see it's end, but we will also look forward to participating in a skinny version on my GTLE! Many thanks to everyone involved in putting on the past CCRs, as well as the current Board for their heretofore unsung work!!! :crying:

Reactions: docedkin

·
IBR# 366
16,568 Posts
Sorry to see it go, as we've had some great times and meet some fine people at various CCRs over the years.

And I'm proud of the charity component, and the desire to do some good for the communities that we visited.

But I do understand that things have shifted, and can see why a large hotel-style event isn't drawing as many riders as it used to. Even the Iron Butt Association has had to cut down on its National Meet, moving to smaller Regional Meets instead.

Perhaps it is time to move back to CCR's roots, where a handful of like-minded individuals just pick a decent hotel/motel in a nice riding area and meet up for a fun ride and a few nice meals. I know there are still some successful weekend rides put on by forum members in the south and on the west coast throughout the year.

Anyone else have a favorite riding area that they'd like to share? Just pick a place and a weekend, and let us all know...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Rest in Peace, CCR... :frown:

I went to a few, and they seemed to get a little smaller each time. My first was in 2008; Midway, UT. What a blast, and met too many fine folks to count...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
That's a GOOD looking couple in the fourth picture.:wave

Reactions: hallzee

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Thanks to the BOD both current and past; you all have done an amazing job for many many years. We have thoroughly enjoyed attending CCR and will be missed.

We've met A LOT of nice folks and seen some awesome POI's while riding to CCR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts