BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been doing a great deal of research looking for a charity for this year's CCR, and I think we've found a great one. Ride For Joy is a organization that provide equine therapeutic riding opportunities for children with disabilities. I went through their website in its entirety and couldn't help but feel a connection with what they are doing for kids with special needs; they do some really great work. And our meetings with their folks have shown us that they truly believe in what they are trying to do, and have a real desire to help kids with this form of therapy. As with many non profits, they are struggling to keep things going and provide the services they want to in the face of tough economic times. So my hope is that we can help make a positive impact for these folks and give them some much needed help to keep them going and to make a difference for some kids who can really get a great deal from this form of therapy. Please take a few minutes and look over their website, I think you'll be as touched and impressed as I am.

http://www.rideforjoy.org/

Also, I want to thank Brad Olson, our Vice Chairman, for putting in an untold number of hours researching charitable organizations and coming up with this recommendation. I can't think of a better fit for our group. Job well done, Brad!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Registered
860 Posts
katnapinn said:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
What he said...

Oh, and...

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Most excellent.............musta' got some smoke in ma' eyes............. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
What a great choice of charity.
Children and horses have a way to melt your heart. I used to be part of rides organized by the L.A. Children's Hospital for Cancer patients...
What a moving experience! Those kids just enjoy life despite their ailments.
Big James was my co-conspirator.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Excellent choice.
Gets kids outdoors and stimulates balance and all their senses.
I donated a horse a few years ago to a similar group locally and will be happy to donate to these folks.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Sometimes I'm a little late, but I just found out the charity for this year's CCR and from a personal experience, can tell you what wonderful work this organization does.

My niece is a recipient of a very similar group in NC called Horse Power and I know what it has done for her. She is graduating from high school this year and Horse Power has made a big difference in her life.

I have been donating for several years to Horse Power in NC and in addition, this year, I'll donate to the one selected for CCR.

Thanks to all who were involved in this selection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts