BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome!!!

This is NOT your typical motorcycle rally!!!
  • Are you looking for something different than the usual fare for a motorcycle rally?
  • Are you looking for an event that is geared to the rider as well as the passenger?
  • Are you or your spouse tired of riding thousands of miles only to find yourselves camping on the ground in the rain and long for the luxuries of a first-class hotel, room service, spa, or a heavenly bed?
Well, we have a solution for you....

Mark your calendars! Please join us August 26 through August 29, 2008 for the PREMIER two-up Luxury Touring event of the year!!!

The Curve Cowboy Reunion for 2008 will be at the Zermatt Resort and Spa in Midway, Utah.

Nestled in the heart of Utah's Wasatch Mountains near Park City and Sundance Resort areas, the Zermatt Resort and Spa will be the perfect launching pad for this year's reunion. The Zermatt provides spectacular views of the Heber Valley in a charming community first settled by Swiss immigrants in the 1860s. You'll be staying at a beautiful, Swiss chalet-styled resort location, only minutes away from great local rides, including the Mirror Lake Byway, Nebo Loop, Ogden River Byway, and Alpine Loop. More scenic rides can be found at Utah Byways and National Scenic Byways Online.

This one is going to be great!

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Asking yourself where Midway, Utah is located?

The Zermatt Resort is located on Homestead Road in Midway, UT. Please refer to the chart below for mileage information.

Directions from Salt Lake City International Airport

From the airport take I-80 east towards Cheyenne. Stay on I-80 east through Salt Lake and up to the Park City area. Take Hwy 40 (Heber exit) to the right. Follow Hwy 40 past Jordenelle Reservoir and take a right onto River Road. (There is a stop light). Continue to Burgi lane and make a right. This is a Y intersection with many resort direction signs. When the road ends make a left onto Homestead Road. Zermatt is located a half mile on the right.

Directions from Heber Airport

As you leave the airport make a left onto East Airport Road. Follow to Hwy 40 and make a left. Take Hwy 40 to 100 South and make a left. Continue until you go through downtown Midway and make a right onto 200 West and then a left onto 200 North. 200 North will turn into Homestead Road and Zermatt will be on the left.
Distance from:

Heber City 3 miles
Deer Valley Ski Area 13 miles
Park City 15 miles
The Canyons Ski Area 20 miles
Sundance Ski Area 22 miles
Provo 25 miles
Salt Lake City 38 miles
Salt Lake City International Airport 50 miles

Directions:

Aerial Rendering of Heber Valley, showing Zermatt Resort's excellent location including Deer Creek and Jordanelle Lakes, Airport, Nearby Ski Resorts, Adjacent Golf Courses, access and proximity to Salt Lake City/Salt Lake International Airport via I-80 and US 40, Provo and Park City.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what about the rides?

Utah Byways and National Scenic Byways Online provide details for several routes available which are only minutes away from the Zermatt Resort and Spa. These routes include:

Mirror Lake Scenic Byway - only 15 minutes from the Zermatt Resort and begins in the small town of Kamas near the Gateway Grill, which is a great place to get breakfast before the ride (Utah Byways, National Scenic Byways).

Alpine Loop - Only 15 minutes from the Zermatt Resort halfway between the Heber Valley and Orem/Provo off US 189 and runs right through the famous Sundance Resort (Utah Byways).

Nebo Loop - Only 45 minutes from the Zermatt Resort in Payson. This byway provides a beautiful ride over Mount Nebo, the tallest mountain in the Wasatch range (Utah Byways, National Scenic Byways).

Francis to Duchesne Ride - Only 10 minutes from the Zermatt Resort. While not recognized as a scenic byway, and listed on many mapping software and gps maps as an unpaved road, this ride along UT 35 provides a scenic back route to Duchesne with little or no traffic. Don't miss the Hanna Cafe between Hanna and Tabiona on UT Hwy 35 (and get your "Where the Hell is Hanna t-shirt).

Ogden River Scenic Byway - Only 30 minutes from the Zermatt Resort with entry points at either Mountain Green or in Ogden. The routes ends in Woodruff, Wyoming, which is rumored to have the coldest winter temperatures in the continental United States (Utah Byways, National Scenic Byways).

Energy Loop/Eccles Canyon - Just over an hour away from the Zermatt Resort, this ride provides both the fun of a rollercoaster and the scenery one expects on a nationally recognized scenic byway. Be sure to make a run up the road from Huntington to Electric Lake (Utah Byways, National Scenic Byways).

Logan Canyon/Bear Lake - About 90 minutes away from the Zermatt Resort, this ride runs up from Logan to Bear Lake, where you can get a world famous, hand dipped raspberry shake (Utah Byways, National Scenic Byways).

Combine a few of these routes to make for a wonderful all-day adventure. Examples include Ogden River/Mirror Lake, Alpine Loop/Nebo Loop, Francis-Duchesne/Energy Loop.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Coooooollll!!!! That sounds like an absolutely great place for a CCR!!! Wasatch mountains! Whoohoo!

And right next door to Orem, Utah too. Now why does that name sound familiar. :histerica Nothing like the Chairskin elect having a CCR right in his backyard. :eek:

I think I'm gonna have to make this one, guys. :D

Cheers,
-joel

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
How much are the room RATES?

BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET!!!

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
larryi52 said:
Yes, that is very nice and all, but who won the bike last night?
Georgia Fielder-White (Paul's wife) won the bike last night! I'm sure Paul will love it. LOL!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey Joel I hope you can make it. For the record I am not on the site selection committee but I am certainly happy it is in my "backyard". The riding is great and the venue is great too.

kdog said:
Coooooollll!!!! That sounds like an absolutely great place for a CCR!!! Wasatch mountains! Whoohoo!

And right next door to Orem, Utah too. Now why does that name sound familiar. :histerica Nothing like the Chairskin elect having a CCR right in his backyard. :eek:

I think I'm gonna have to make this one, guys. :D

Cheers,
-joel

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
NCoe said:
Hey Joel I hope you can make it. For the record I am not on the site selection committee but I am certainly happy it is in my "backyard". The riding is great and the venue is great too.
And as I see from the Registration page, Nate's wife is coming. :thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
While just an attendee ... we trust you'll LOVE Utah as much as we do and look forward to hosting you to a real treat of a place for riding, site seeing, etc!! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts
Thx! It works from my laptop but not my desktop... Go figure!:confused:
NCoe said:
I just hit the site and it worked for me. Can you try it again?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yay

Nother great reason to update my suspension. Lots of super rides out there in my old stomping grounds. Should be really great! Interesting roadside attractions and such.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts