BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with someone today who said they weren't going to CCR 2006 because it was too hot. Well, according to weather.com, the temps aren't going to be bad at all. Cooler than Gatlinburg, warmer than Breckenridge and Jackson.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Jeff, if they are going to let temps in the upper 80's get to them, they need to sell their bike and stay in doors!

Heck I stayed in 24 degree temps at CCR this year, in a tent cabin!

·
Registered
46 Posts
insult to injury

36 degrees this morning makes CCR look even farther off - I think 85 degrees sound great - scratch that - perfect!!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
You forgot one other thing...HUMIDITY! Mid 80 temps and high humidity means plenty sticky! :D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Humidity in Atlanta area

Been here three years now and the humidity is not a big deal on most days. Matter of fact I never even think about any more. Now if you are used to Colorado humidity levels then you might notice a difference. Weather should be great that time of year providing we have a normal weather pattern. Since when did true motorcyclists worry about weather?

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
johnrehder said:
Been here three years now and the humidity is not a big deal on most days. Matter of fact I never even think about any more.
Well, you've had 3 years to acclimate to it LOL!! :D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Humidity in Atlanta area

Actually I got used to humidity living in Texas for 20 years! I found it to be a little less humid in Atlanta but not by much. Some people are just really sensitive to it I guess. come on down and I'll buy ya an iced tea!

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Sounds like a plan! I am VERY excited to travel further south. I have been Florida and Texas but not GA or the Carolinas and such. I lived in Texas also for 3 years. Had a blast in Austin. My sister in law is a board certified equine surgeon graduated from Purdu and I am planning to visit her before arriving at the CCR. I love southern people. Always nice and fun to be around (except when they are in their cars! LOL!) I look forward to meeting more people in GA llike yourself. Should be a bunch of good times for all :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts