BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am a new k1200lt owner/rider (love it!). I have a stock 1999 k1200lt.
I purchased a stage 6 chip from John Gemi, when I went to install it I noticed the bike already had the newer ECU (starting with the #7), and the yellow CCP was off.
My question is... after I install johns chip, do I re-install the yellow CCP? Or leave it off?
Thank you for your help!!!
johnnya

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think you need to ask John. If you decide not to install the chip PM me, I'll need one for my 2001

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did ask John G, first he sent me a picture of yellow CCP on a different bike, and how to jump with out a plug. I ask him if it was the same for the LT, then he said I didn't need to do anything, (after I found a CCP at a local dismantler). He came back with, try it both ways to see what works best. Thought maybe somebody out there already tried this.
Thank you
johnnya

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I did ask John G, first he sent me a picture of yellow CCP on a different bike, and how to jump with out a plug. I ask him if it was the same for the LT, then he said I didn't need to do anything, (after I found a CCP at a local dismantler). He came back with, try it both ways to see what works best. Thought maybe somebody out there already tried this.
Thank you
johnnya
It surprises me for John to say try it both ways unless he is modifying both mappings in the chip and not just the primary. I might ask him that question so I know what mapping I am running. If he isn't modifying the secondary map then you get no benefit from what you have now with the plug removed. It is a good question.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just sent John G that question, I will let you know what he responds with.
Thank you for your insight...
johnnya

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, John G responded with "Hi John. I make modification to all maps in the chip. So you should try wich set of maps working better on your bike."

So I will try it both ways and see if I notice a difference.

johnnya

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
OK, John G responded with "Hi John. I make modification to all maps in the chip. So you should try wich set of maps working better on your bike."

So I will try it both ways and see if I notice a difference.

johnnya
He could have only modified the primary map so nice to know that all of them have been updated. If you are game, let us know if you can tell any difference between the maps with and without the CCP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts