BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 k1200lt. For whatever reason, my CB radio won't turn on. i have checked the three fuse boxes under the seat and all are good. is there a seperate fuse for the CB? and if so, Where is it?
thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've got the same problem on my 03. I'm assuming you have the Midland/BMW CB located in the oddments box. Have you tried using the small 6 AA battery box to the CB to see if it works handheld off the bike? If that works you need to check for power at the + terminal on the CB adapter in the oddments box. Mine was reading 0. You'll have to pull the Stingray and look for the 8 pin DIN connector that connects the CB adapter and/or the GPS to the com system. Socket 8 in that connector is the power source. I checked mine and found it was good. That left the adapter unit as the suspect. I connected power to the connector pin 8 and still didn't get any reading through the adapter to the + terminal. That's where I am now, deciding if I want to send the adapter to Midland to see if they can repair or to look for another one. The BMW p/n for the whole harness with the adapter is 99 99 0 000 196 if that helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Fella's

There is not much to the harness and adapter the wires just route inside the adapter and solder to a terminal, before you buy a new one (if it is still available) I would recomend that you take the screws out of the adapter and check the solder joints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts