BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, all! I have purchased (via this forum) a BMW CB radio (mfg by J&M). Came from an LT, I am attempting to install in a 2000 LT. I have the following challenges:
  • Comm cable on the CB is 8 pin male, Baehr comm system input is 6 pin male
  • DC power connector, cannot find mating (female) connector.
Seems that I need a 8 pin female /6 pin female adapter cable to go from the CB cable to the Baehr input.
Where the heck is the connector on the LT for the DC power? The connector from the CB has 3 wires, says it is intended to connect to the GPS wiring, I think one wire is for GPS volume, the other two are + and - 12 VDC.

Anyone can help?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Have you tried:
1) contact the seller - if nothing else, what model it came off of?

2) contact J&M - they have always been helpful when I have called?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Take a look underneath the tupperware just to the left of the radio head. I believe the radio you have is designed to plug into the connections available under there. If you don't have the OE intercom, it probably isn't going to work without some specially made cables.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
taylorjn said:
2) contact J&M - they have always been helpful when I have called?
Call or email J&M they will help you out. Dean is on track. The CB plug and play is under the stingray. But it is part of the OEM Comsystem. If you have a Baer Unit you will not have the P&P capability. The power supply is not of concern though. Just have to tap into a supply and be done with it. But this to will be available through the dealer....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I did not do my homework.

Yes, I have contacted J&M and they have no idea how to connect to a Baehr!

No, I do not have a BMW comm unit, so as is, this will not work with this machine.

I have ordered a cable from Raffy which is advertised to adapt a J&M CB to a Baehr comm system, but I fear that it is for a generic J&M and not a BMW specific CB.

So, we live and learn! I have asked Bob (the seller) the year of his LT, so will know which comm system he has. Perhaps I can sell it to someone with that system. Not Bob's fault, by the way!

Anyway, this a great forum, eh? :bmw:

Jerry

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
CB s have been most challenging on the LT. If you just need bike to bike consider using a FRS/GMRS.

Yes, you will need special cables to connect any devices to the baehr. I would recommend consulting with Raffy.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
If you "spoke" to his hollyness "raffy" and he said it would work. I'd be inclined to take that to the bank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts