BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm in the process of changing my fuel filter and air filter, When removing the center console above the fuel tank this CB module is mounted under it, I don't use the CB and would like to eliminate it. Can I cut the wire that runs to the back of my com system with out affecting anything else . The 6 pin plug with the red and black wires would also be elimiated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
wyorock said:
I'm in the process of changing my fuel filter and air filter, When removing the center council above the fuel tank this CB module is mounted under it, I don't use the CB and would like to eliminate it. Can I cut the wire that runs to the back of my com system with out affecting anything else . The 6 pin plug with the red and black wires would also be elimiated.
I would not cut the wire, your that close simply disconnect it from the radio and remove the push to talk button at the left hand frip.
BTW I'd be intrested in buying it if you don't CUT it.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Somebody would love to have a CB for their LT.

Cutting the wire, as mentioned, will reduce it's value.

Best from Tucson
Bob

·
Registered
607 Posts
Is this the handlebar mounted CB or the one in the oddments box?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the Midland 75-820 CB that lives in the oddments box. I'll try to disconnect it without cutting any wires. I have all of the components including the antenna, I have no idea what it's worth but will consider all offers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts