BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 Lt has the ComSytem with the Midland CB (portable), when the key is turned off the channel goes back to 9. Is this normal? I just purchased the bike and the system didn't work at all until I found the accessory power harness relay was missing. I have a relay in it now but maybe it is the wrong relay. If anyone has a cb like this I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Duane

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I have a MidLand CB. Not the one that BMW branded but the same unit only with the Midland brand and mine does the same thing. If you supply a switched 12V to the radio removing the 12V for longer than a few hours will cause the default station to go to CH 9.

I have tried to change that but it seems it is programed in to do that very function. Keeping a constant 12V on the radio to save the last channel will mean that you need to turn it off every time and if you forget the battery will suffer eventually.

I decided that it was better to forget to switch the CB to what I want than to forget to turn the radio off. :D

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Duane:
Mine is an '03 also, does the same thing. Believe that's they way they are supposed t work. Had read about someone coming up with a way to get aroound it but it sounded hokey so I never persued it. Rarely use the 11 mtr radio anyway.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Duane, could you tell me where your power relay for the CB was located? I don't have any power to the CB connector in the oddments box and I'm trying to troubleshoot the wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts