BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the A.A.W.D. input to the BMW/J&M CB? If so, what did you hook to it? Do you know the pin-out of the 3 pin connector on the CB?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Voyager said:
Has anyone used the A.A.W.D. input to the BMW/J&M CB? If so, what did you hook to it? Do you know the pin-out of the 3 pin connector on the CB?
Two answers'''
The LT harness for the GPS or AAWD as the manual calls it. Orange (+), white (SP+), Blue (-).

I do however belive that the CB attaches to the CB harness under the stingray...Separate items...

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shoswell said:
Two answers'''
The LT harness for the GPS or AAWD as the manual calls it. Orange (+), white (SP+), Blue (-).

I do however belive that the CB attaches to the CB harness under the stingray...Separate items...
Yes, the CB connects to the VOICE II via a separate DIN connector. The GPS (Nav III in my case) also connects to the VOICE II and does not use the AAWD connection. This appears to be used to something like a radar detector or separate source of music separate from the VOICE II, but I am not sure and the manual that came with the CB has basically no information about this connector or its use.

By "+" I am assuming you mean +12V. Is this an input to the CB or is the CB providing 12V on this pin? Likewise, I assume that by "-" you mean chassis ground. Is SP+ an audio signal?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Voyager said:
Yes, the CB connects to the VOICE II via a separate DIN connector. The GPS (Nav III in my case) also connects to the VOICE II and does not use the AAWD connection. This appears to be used to something like a radar detector or separate source of music separate from the VOICE II, but I am not sure and the manual that came with the CB has basically no information about this connector or its use.

By "+" I am assuming you mean +12V. Is this an input to the CB or is the CB providing 12V on this pin? Likewise, I assume that by "-" you mean chassis ground. Is SP+ an audio signal?

Two suggestions. I assume the CB is a J&M or BMW branded version. You should call them for more specifics...PM me as I have the voice II manual if you need it. Not much as far as the connection...

You assumptions on the +/1 are correct. The 3-wire from the bike is the hot side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts