BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 LT with a radio/cassette player, which from reading old threads on here should work with one of those cassette adapters that plug into a phone/MP3 player etc.
I bought one at random off Ebay, but it is useless, plays for a few seconds, then reverses, re-reverses a few times before spitting the thing out.
If you have one that works, can you post the details please????:smile:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I have a '99 LT with a radio/cassette player, which from reading old threads on here should work with one of those cassette adapters that plug into a phone/MP3 player etc.
I bought one at random off Ebay, but it is useless, plays for a few seconds, then reverses, re-reverses a few times before spitting the thing out.
If you have one that works, can you post the details please????:smile:

This might help:
How to cure car cassette adapter "auto-reverse flip-flop"

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought one at Wally World a few years ago, I use it in my old F-250 and Boat. Just push it in and that's it. I just make sure the radio is selected to play cassette. In my truck I can leave it in and select FM or AM and it just stays nested in the player. Select TAPE and it's ready. Has mini-jack and connects to my MP3. Best Buy had them also but for $20 verses $10 at WW. Save Money - Live Better

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, especially Mike who's sending me an item he knows to work. Thank You Mike. :wave
CharlieVT, useful info on that little video, tried it with my adapter, but made no difference. Its now in the bin. I did notice that the one shown has a lot more electronics tucked inside it than the cheap and nasty one I had.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I hope the one I sent you solves your issue.
It is the one which XM uses. I have used it with Droids and MP3 players back in the days of cassettes.

I am crossing my fingers for you.

I should have added that this is what I haved used on both of my K1200LT's:
XM SATELLITE RADIO FM MODULATOR SA10003
XM Satellite Radio FM Modulator SA10003 Universal Delphi SKYFi SKYFi 2 | eBay

It can plug into most devices.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought one from Walmart (a cheap one) and I have been using it several years with my MP3 player with no problem, I just leave it in all the time and take my MP3 player out to charge. Hope everything works good for you because when these adapters work it is great.
Leon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts