BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dead battery and the cases centrally locked. I found the 45 degree unlock solution so I can get at the battery. Thx.

Next question … can I charge with a battery tender through the powerlet socket? And who has the adapter/pigtail from the 2 pin battery tender lead to the powerlet socket on the bike? Or do I need to make this plug? (did not find on either web site)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The Battery Tender needs to see at least 3V to start to charge so if your battery is totally flat your going to need to get a charger that can get some juice into the battery then continue with the Battery Tender. For the plug I used an adapter from my CyclePump compressor it fits on the two prong plug and the end has the normal cig lighter end and the BMW under it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just remember that the powerlet socket above the shift lever is hot all the time. The powerlet socket on the top case is only hot when the key is on. Probably will not work if the battery is very low.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're my hero, thx.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never seen a powerlet socket on a John Deere.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Link

BallsCasten said:
Next question … can I charge with a battery tender through the powerlet socket? And who has the adapter/pigtail from the 2 pin battery tender lead to the powerlet socket on the bike? Or do I need to make this plug? (did not find on either web site)
Just an FYI . . . that 2-pin connector is called an "SAE Connector". A good link to bookmark is the Warm & Safe Accessories page. His stuff is reasonably priced and well made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts