BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been struggling with this for several years with the throttle had going numb occasionally. After I had my CMC surgery for osteo arthritis in my right thumb the carpal tunnel became much worse. A year after the CMC my recovery was full with good mobility and strength, but the carpal was very aggravated. I had the fix surgery done on the 5th of Sept and I also got a trigger finger release done on the ring finger. I had the stitches removed this Monday and was able to use the hand some what during the recovery period. The best news is I finally got out on the GT today and rode for over an hour with absolutely no numbness. I am really glad I had this done as I could not ride for more than 10 miles without the right hand going numb.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
John,
I've had both of my wrists done. A few years ago I couldn't feel anything through my finger tips (L.H) to the point of having a hard time with shirt buttons (when I was working). Had the surgery and full feeling returned immediately. Back to the same doc and haven't looked back since! Strange, but after the latest procedure they wanted me to have PT. I had one appointment and could do all of the flex requirements and my grip was stronger than the therapist's. She said I was released.
They still billed my insurance over $500!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have a slight numbness in the first three digits but no longer do they go completely numb. I suspect I have a small bit of nerve damage that may take a while to clear up. But I very happy with the results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts